Training Schools List

Muleskinner

Has anyone actually attended Frontsight

Its great to see all these training sites listed, BUT has anyone actually attended FrontSight's 4-day defensive handgun course? They are offering the course currently for $300. Is it worth the money?

heavyj31483

i am trying to find a class to become an instructor for ccw/cpl in south eastern michigan if anyone has any info can u please email me at johnagrusa@hotmail.com this is something that i really would like to do any help would be very much appricated

thankyou

Big Don

Frontsight comment

Muleskinner: I have not attended but I shoot competition matches with a number of people who have attended and every one of them feel the money was well spent and they'd go back without hesitation. That help?
Check out www.tftt.com to see if any classes will be offered in your area. Outstanding training and you don't have to travel to Nevada.

NCPatrolAR

Charlotte, NC and travel to other locations

I teach for Defensive Concepts North Carolina (http://defensiveconceptsnc.com) a self defense training company based in the Charlotte, NC metro area. We teach primarily in Charlotte, Carthage, and Fayetteville/FT. Bragg but will travel to any location that has a safe range for us to teach on.

All Defensive Concepts instructors are NRA certified instructors and military veterans. All three instructors are also certified to teach the NC Concealed Carry Handgun Permit course. Other instructor certifications possessed include: lowlight instructor, less lethal munitions, and police defensive tactics. More information on our instructors can be found here

While we do some police and military training; our focus is on training members of the concerned citizen community. We offer training in pistol, shotgun, carbine, unarmed self defense, and other vital skills. Please take a look around our site and see if something interests you.

Thanks

Chris

parallel

Magpul Dynamics

I just finished (last night) Dynamic Carbine 1 & 2 from Magpul Dynamics. Chris Costa, Travis Haley and Mike Lamb were outstanding instructors. I intend to go to the Advanced Dynamic Carbine class that they will be here for in March.

Ohio Shooting Sports, Ltd --2010 Class Schedule Now Online

2010 will be a big year in Central Ohio for comprehensive training for Personal Defense and Competition. Ohio Shooting Sports is offering 3 learning tracks - Firearm Instruction, Unarmed Combatives for Personal Defense and Advanced IDPA & USPSA courses. Feel free to stop by our web site at http://www.OhioShootingSports.com for more information. Our first three winter classes in 2010 will be lead by Brian LaMaster of Innovative Tactical Concepts: Home Defense, Knife Defense and Unarmed Combatives. Our firearm classes will start in April and run through November. All classes will be held in the Central Ohio area. Stop by our web site to see our schedule and register for one of our upcoming classes. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Michael Craig
Chief Firearms Instructor
Ohio Shooting Sports, Ltd.

408Stang

Long Rifle Training of All Kinds

I am an instructor for this business an I thought I'd pimp the business a little bit. We have several upcoming training classes in a variety of topics.

We primarily teach L.E. Sniper courses, but have branched out in several areas of firearms. We can travel to you if necessary. Here's the links for the L.E. and the Civilian sites. E-mail us with any questions at:

admin@precisionrifleworkshop.com

LE:
www.precisionrifleworkshop.com

Civilian:
http://www.precisionrifleworkshop.com/prwcivilian.html

Also check out my other listing on this forum for used ONCE FIRED .308 brass for sale.

watchman220

SHOTS RANCH - Firearms and Tactical Training Facility

Jeff Jolly is an instructor and the founder of SHOTS Ranch.

Too many courses to list here.
Suffice to say you will find something you are interested in.
AZ-CCW
Handgun
Rifle
Shotgun
Carbine
Hand to Hand
Edged Weapons

Wes Doss is our lead instructor at SHOTS Ranch but we have several top notch, well respected instructors.

Classes are in Arizona at SHOTS Ranch.

For a full course listing go to www.shotsranch.com/full-course-list.shtml

You can sign up today.

watchman220

supergrinch75

training courses

I received my ccw about 2 years ago and had an amazing instructor by the name of Jerry McCowen. He teaches a class at GCC and is a well known instructor at Gunsite.He was extremely knowledgable about firearms and has an extensive law enforcement background

Now on the other hand My wife recently toor a course with one Rick Barkett, and he did not do any training during the the range time and allowed zero practice shoting. all she was allowed to do was stand in front of a target 10 yards away and take her 10 shots. He did not meet the state standards and was very short and rude to the participants, especially the female participants. He is from ADFT @ www.azccw.com. To anyone looking to take a courses do not use this instructor.