Component Sightings

akinswi

Im starting to Wonder if the shortage now is political and not economical? what are we going into the third year now? Im starting too see plenty of ammo on the shelves and online so there shouldn’t be an excuse that the primers and powders are going to commercial first then retail.

Actually I can find powder. But man primers seem to be more rare than Gold

ballardw

Im starting to Wonder if the shortage now is political and not economical? what are we going into the third year now? Im starting too see plenty of ammo on the shelves and online so there shouldn’t be an excuse that the primers and powders are going to commercial first then retail.

Actually I can find powder. But man primers seem to be more rare than Gold
Last trip to my local Cabela's had no handgun ammo and maybe 6 rifle cartridges represented. Much as I might like to have a .50BMG rifle I don't so practically doesn't count.

hounddawg

powder is sporadic but it is there and at the right price if you look in the right places. Just picked up 4 pounds of IMR 4064 for $144 ( $36 per pound) from PV, $177 with hazmat, shipping, tax. Probably about $4 a pound more than 2 years ago but then so is beef. Primer prices reflect the increase in metal costs etc.

Data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows a sharp increase in cold rolled steel and strip prices from 2018 highs of $252 to almost $702 in October 2021. Wonder why primers have doubled in cost, check out the chart. Those little metal cups cost almost three times as much to make now

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WPU101707

cdoc42

I started in 1976. But I didn't start to accumulate - not stockpile - primers, powder, bullets, until after 1999. Initially, I dated and priced the products I bought, which probably traced to my Pharmacy background. Eventually, I just dated the new and tossed the old because I never saw the utility. Now I don't even date the new.

Shadow9mm

I started in 1976. But I didn't start to accumulate - not stockpile - primers, powder, bullets, until after 1999. Initially, I dated and priced the products I bought, which probably traced to my Pharmacy background. Eventually, I just dated the new and tossed the old because I never saw the utility. Now I don't even date the new.
I have a label maker.... every powder get a purchased and opened date. Every box of primers get a date. decoding lot numbers it too much of a pain and I want to use my oldest stuff first!

jetinteriorguy

When I was young and ignorant and first started loading in the early 80’s, the first time I bought primers at Scheels in Minot the bricks were marked at $1.79 so I bought five bricks not knowing any better. It was only later I found out that’s what the packs of 100 were supposed to cost, but one of the young girls who worked there had inadvertently marked them wrong. I thought about coming clean but didn’t want anyone to get fired for it and I spent a lot of money in that store over the years so figured it was a bonus for being a good customer.

Shadow9mm

When I was young and ignorant and first started loading in the early 80’s, the first time I bought primers at Scheels in Minot the bricks were marked at $1.79 so I bought five bricks not knowing any better. It was only later I found out that’s what the packs of 100 were supposed to cost, but one of the young girls who worked there had inadvertently marked them wrong. I thought about coming clean but didn’t want anyone to get fired for it and I spent a lot of money in that store over the years so figured it was a bonus for being a good customer.
If it was mis-marked thats on them. Even if you had said something they should have honored the price then fixed it going forward.

ciwsguy

Hundreds of bricks of primers at KY gun company Louisville

LP, LR, SR available at this new retail store. No limit on purchase quantity. Not cheap at $99.99 per brick.
Available brands are CCI, Remington and Federal

Once Fired Brass With Can (.223/5.56 and 9mm)

Our company purchased some brass and ammo cans a few years ago and now need to free up the space in the warehouse. It was pulled from Anniston Army Depot in Alabama and is once fired military cases. Handstamps are a mix of LC and TAA for the .223/5.56 while the 9mm are a mix of American manufactures. Mix of 556 and 308 ammo cans, used but with quality water seal. You can pickup in Central NC or it ships free anywhere in the U.S.

$95 for (1000) .223/5.56
$75 for (1000) 9mm

Ill include the links below for the Armslist and Gunbroker Listings but you can just message me if you want to save on fees. Thanks!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/930055336

https://www.armslist.com/posts/1390...-1000--223-556-once-fired-brass-with-ammo-can