Component Sightings

cdoc42

Cabelas - south-central-eastern PA: 11,000 small rifle primers on the shelf. $129.95 each.

I just bought 300 Remington small pistol primers at a local gun store today for $10/100.

Shadow9mm

Found some primers. Local shop. Between $9.99 to $14.99 per 100. They had some small rifle, large rifle, large pistol, and large pistol magnum. Not sure on limits.

The Outdoorsman Sport Shop
1010 S State Rd 135, Greenwood, IN 46143

Shadow9mm

Brass available, once fired, unprocessed. No bull tactical https://www.nobulltactical.com/unprocessed-brass
They are NOT accepting online orders, you will have to give them call (937)470-7687.

I have ordered from them several times. Good quality brass but rather dirty. Swept up from indoor ranges, sorted and bagged.
Currently available
FN 5.7
9mm
38spl
10mm
44spl
45acp
45 colt
50AE
500S&W
30 M-1 carbine
7.62x39 (brass)
30-30
303 british
30-06
45-70
7.62x54r (brass)

BCR1

Last year, I had trouble selling de-primed and water tumbled 9,40 and 45ACP for $30, $40, and $50 respectively for 1K each. Now when I pick it up, all goes in the scrap buckets for recycling later.

Bill

Last edited:

Shadow9mm

Shadow, what are they charging for 9mm and .38 Special? MY local gun shop charge 8 cents each.
9mm 59.99 per 1000 or about 6 cents each.
38spl 64.99 per 1000, or bout 6.5 cents each

he does flat rate USPS shipping. he will cram as much in a box as he can. With shipping it would be close though.

Prices are up on his site except for out of stock items.

akinswi

Anybody else think reloading is becoming a very expensive hobby??? I remember years ago I got into reloading to save money. Lol 22 different calibers later definitely not the case.

Anybody else have dies/ components for calibers they dont even have guns for anymore . I know I do .

Midway finally had IMR4895 at 37.99 per lbs could only buy 2 lbs. Ordered Sunday received yesterday

rc

I thought the same thing. It allows us to shoot more but it doesn't really save money in the long run. You only do that by taking up bird watching instead.

BCR1

I thought the same thing. It allows us to shoot more but it doesn't really save money in the long run. You only do that by taking up bird watching instead.
I consider loading my own a big savings over store bought ammo. I can load 9mm for well under $10.00 a box while prices for the same store bought are over $20.00. I've had all of my components long before this latest shortage and won't run low for many more years.

Bill

cdoc42

whats the cheapest anyone remembers paying for primers?

$10 per thousand. I don't have a date but I had enough on hand until they got to $36. I can guess it was in the early 90's.

akinswi

Pathfinder, I hope i never have too. I watched a video where it took a guy 10 minutes to reclaim/rebuild one. He Used caps, which are hard to find now I think ?????? . Im at the stage now I just load what I want to shoot that day and keep factory ammo for emergencies. For me is gone of the days of a couple buddies come over and we load 3 to 4 thousand rds in a weekend. just the times were in

Shadow9mm

whats the cheapest anyone remembers paying for primers?

$10 per thousand. I don't have a date but I had enough on hand until they got to $36. I can guess it was in the early 90's.
I started reloading around 2007. Back then I was buying 1000 for 29.99 at gander mountain.