Who Carries a .38 Snub?

SgtLumpy

How do you keep the gun from rotating in your pocket so the grip is at the bottom of your pocket, if you don't use a holster?
EVERY time I've carried a gun in my pocket w/o a holster, it worked itself around so the muzzle pointed up.

I don't do anything special to keep my Chief from turning around in my pocket. It just seems to stay put for whatever reason. That's typically in cargo shorts. That's about all I wear for pants, year round. Regular right hand front pocket. Not the bigger bellows lower pocket.

Sgt Lumpy

Genepix

Badge 851: Curious about the bright colored ammo you have. Is that something you did so as to quickly identify specific loads?

Erikbal

I've been tempted by the lcr in either spl or mag. I pocket carry the S&W BG .380 and you'd be shocked (unless you already pocket carry no holster) how much crap accumulates in all sorts of places in the gun. Just worried that the lint (aka crap) would make its way into the gears that I can't easily clean nor want to mess with. However that said, I'd have no problem with 5-6 shots of spl or mag for a primary small CC gun

I pocket carried my BG for quite some time, and still do when I am not carrying IWB and I know exactly what you're talking about. Pocket lint, fuzz, dust and dirt, it accumulates everywhere. I try to give it a once over cleaning and oiling about once every week or two to keep it clean and in good working order. After all, my life may depend on it.

Leejack

Badge 851: Curious about the bright colored ammo you have. Is that something you did so as to quickly identify specific loads?

I noticed that too. I really like the sight contrast he's got.

Those 85s are really nice, had two different variations of them over the years and plan on getting another.

badge851

Genepix said:
Leejack said:
I noticed that too. I really like the sight contrast he's got.

Those 85s are really nice, had two different variations of them over the years and plan on getting another.
Blue primers are standard pressure loads; red are 38 Special+P's.

deputy tom

I was required to for a long time and still do out of familiarity. I'm proficient with J-frames and that gives me a sense of security. I can perform with many other platforms but a .38 spl. snub is my go to gun. YMMV. tom. :cool:

Revoltella

I routinely carry one of my Colt Detective Specials, switching to a S&W 438 if I have a smaller pocket. I use a Mika pocket holster with either.

JimmyR

I used to carry a S&W 642 in a crossbreed supertuck loaded with Hornady custom rounds. I got crazy one day and sold it, and kicked myself since. At least, until today, when I got a new(to me) 642 from a friend of a friend!

Airman Basic

Cobra and Galco paddle for 30 years.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130809_124554.jpg
    20130809_124554.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 424