Who Carries a .38 Snub?

P5 Guy

This Guy Has

When I first got a CCW it was a P5 compact but that proved to be a chore to keep from rusting and keeping hidden, so...
Yes a S&W model 60 has worn many holes in the pockets of my shorts here in the GunShine State. In the sultry climate that can be tricky to keep concealed, too.
During the couple of weeks of cooler temperatures I've rarely bothered to change to a larger carry.

Pond James Pond

When I do carry it is an Astra 680 (.38Spl 6-shot). The biggest advantage of a snub over here is the condition 3 carry rule for auto-loaders. Most here still go for semi-autos and may or may not flaunt that part of the carry law: I don't know. However, I don't want to.

I've read the 680 is a S&W clone. The trigger would certain lend weight to that statement. It's the best one in my collection, especially in SA.

I carry it IWB in a Galco Soft-Tuk that may dad managed to find for me when he was over states-side. I recently bought a pack of speed-strips for it, although I have not really practiced enough with them.

(I really need to practice more....:eek:)

When out in the forest, I also carry a 6-shot. A 4" Redhawk. Not quite a snub, though...

JERRYS.

some nice guns, particularly the old school s&w guns. some familiar names on here as well, looks like I found a good third home.

PawPaw

My Model 38. It's in my pocket right now.

Mod%2B38%2B02.jpg

aarondhgraham

I always go back to it,,,

I often change my carry gun,,,
Sometimes it's a Beretta Cheetah 85,,,
Quite often I carry my Bersa thunder 380,,,
But no matter what, I keep returning to my S&W 36.

I added a speed strip so I could have 5 more rounds,,,
Even though I've never feel under-gunned with just 5 rounds.

The phrase "Five every time!" keeps echoing in my head.

Aarond

PawDaddy

A lot of you carry a .38. It's way more popular than I would have thought with all the small auto's out there. I have always owned at least 1 .38. I have had a few snub-nosed, but just the two three incher's now. Seems that is all I can consistently conceal well. The different autos I have owned over the years usually got left behind, or was very uncomfortable. I am a small framed guy with health issues. Just think the .38 revolver suits me better. Really thinking about an LCR now.

dgludwig

My Model 38. It's in my pocket right now.

PawPaw, I'm a big fan of the Herret "Shooting Ace" grips (which appear to be what's on your Model 38). I've had a set on all of my J-frame Smiths for many decades now.

GEARHEAD_ENG

My two carry guns.
ajymeves.jpg

S&W model 60 loaded with 135Gr Gold Dot JHP .38+P Short Barrel normally carried in a Nemisis pocket holster or a Fobus Paddle Holster. My more recent carry choice is the Kahr CM9 in a IWB Foxx holster.

cocojo

I carry one all the time and have for umpteen years. My new carry is the S&W 637 I also have the 37. I like the aluminum frames guns over steel for weight reduction.

marappl

S&W Model 36 Nickel with 2" barrel. Been carrying it almost 40 years and it still goes bang when you pull the trigger.