Who Carries a .38 Snub?

Deaf Smith

In summer most certainly I pack a snub here in Texas.

attachment.php

The .357 on the right. Buffalo Bore DPX 125 .357s is the load. Chronos out at 1215 fps from my 2.1 inch barrel.

The .38 on the left is my first carry gun way way back when CHL first started here in Texas. Those are Cor-Bon 158gr LSWHPs in the photo I use in that .38.

Deaf

engineer88

Smith 638 with CT Lg405 for the gym, around the house and when feeling lazy. Kahr CM9 has replaced it for work days just cause. The triggers aren't much different between the two. But honestly, I lean towards the 638 a tad more. I do think the ultimate pocket ccw is a 642 and I intend to buy one soon, say in the next year or so.

Oh yeah, I still carry my SP101 DAO 357 on my hip on the weekends and sometimes during the week, clothing permitting. Man I love that handgun. :D

sgms

Not every day with a revolver but on a goodly number of them. Also tend to carry a small revolver in a coat pocket during winter as a back up to the bigger belt gun. The bottom pistol in the photo is a pre model 10 and was my fathers carry gun and is still bring carried by me.

Attachments

• phpex4UU4PM.jpg
    phpex4UU4PM.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 74

Waspinator

Sp101 2.25" . Started carrying it not to long ago in a Desantis "Insider" IWB holster (I can't find it on the website, it was in my LGS and the bag was marked "custom"). So far I find appendix carry to be the most comfortable for me. I also keep a Safariland speedloader in my front pocket.

rodfac

I have a 3" bbl'd S&W Model 36 that's in my carry rotation. Both my wife and I have carried it in urban and country carry situations since the early 90's. It's a nice size, conceals well on a OWB snug holster and fires a good enough round. Here's the pic. Best regards, Rod

max it

model 36

Yes I have one, it has a filed off hammer these days and a pocket holster. But oh no no no ! I do not carry it here in Calif. its illegal you know. cheers,

Viper225

I rotate between:
Model 315 Night Guard
Model 15-5 w/2" barrel
Model 442 Pro Moon Clip
Model 10-5 w/ 2" barrel
Model 66-2 w/3" barrel

Some times I carry my 4" 686 or 64

In the Winter when I am not carrying shotshells for snakes I will carry a:
310 Night Guard (40 S&W/10mm)
Model 625-3 w/3" Barrel

Some times a 4" 610

I do own a 1911 Colt, just because every old guy should own at least one.

Bob

texagun

Been carrying a Model 36 on occasion, mostly in the summer months when lightly dressed, since 1965. Usually in a Don Hume Pocket Holster to hide the silhouette. Bought the 1st one from Gil Hebard by mail for $65 Prepaid. Carried it for 4 years in S.E. Asia.

Model36withAltamonts-7_zps25208143.jpg

huskybiker

I have a couple Taurus snubbies which I like. A model 650 (357) with a Uncle Mike's combat grip (IWB), and a model 85CH with a Uncle Mike's boot grip (pocket).

Revoltella

But honestly, I lean towards the 638 a tad more. I do think the ultimate pocket ccw is a 642 and I intend to buy one soon, say in the next year or so.

I had a 442 and now have a 438, which I much prefer.