Who Carries a .38 Snub?

dahermit

Been carrying a Model 36 on occasion, mostly in the summer months when lightly dressed, since 1965. Usually in a Don Hume Pocket Holster to hide the silhouette. Bought the 1st one from Gil Hebard by mail for $65 Prepaid. Carried it for 4 years in S.E. Asia.
Whoaaaa! Where did you get those grips?

armsmaster270

S&W 340PD airweight.357 Mag as backup.

SW340PD.jpg

gwpercle

Depending on circumstances:

1.) Smith & Wesson 637-2, 38 special , Airweight , 2" barrel, fixed sights.

2.) Taurus 455, 45 A.C.P. , 5 shot, 2" ported barrel, fixed sights.

Gotta love them snubbies , especially the big bore ones.

Gary

Quincunx

Even though she only carries it out to the mailbox or to walk over to a neighbor's house, my mother-in-law carries an old nickel Model 32 in .38 S&W. She lives waaaaay out in western Maryland in an area still so rural that, as my aunt used to say, "the ducks run barefoot."

MacGuffin

M38

During the summer months, when I'm wearing shorts...

A S&W Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster is my constant companion.

weldonjr2001

Sometimes a Ruger .38 LCR in the weakside pocket, but only as a backup to something else.

Occasionally as a backup to its brother, the .357 LCR.

GM2

I occasionally carry a SW model 36 Chief 38 special bought it new in the early 70's. It's Great little revolver and easy to conceal, mostly in back pocket when wearing dungarees .

Amendtwo

A S&W 642 is often my primary CCW (when cooler weather allows a jacket or sweater for concealment). My back-up is a Taurus M85, carried in a bag whenever I travel by car.

jad0110

I sometimes carry a S&W 642, often as a BUG. Carried it today as a secondary to my 3" Taurus 431 .44 Special (I personally don't consider revolvers that have a barrel long enough to have a full length ejector rod to be a snubbie). My other snub that gets carried from time-to-time is a 2.5" S&W 66-1.

Pianoguy

S&W 642 w/ me pretty much always these days when it's been warm. EAA Windicator or a Taurus 617 when it gets colder and I start wearing heavier clothing (Not the pick of the litter but so far they sure shoot real good - the EAA may be as accurate as any gun I have even with the hack-saw job barrel). I have some 380 and 9mm semi-autos that carry fine but I like the simplicity of the DA triggers, no safeties and no ammo-picky issues that the semi-autos may sometimes have (although I can't say there have been many).

kymasabe

My S&W model 36 is riding a shelf in my safe. I stake my life every day on my Charter Arms Undercover .38 that I wear oldschool in an outside the waistband leather holster covered my my long shirts.

dahermit

My S&W model 36 is riding a shelf in my safe. I stake my life every day on my Charter Arms Undercover .38 that I wear oldschool in an outside the waistband leather holster covered my my long shirts.
What is wrong with the S&W model 36? Don't leave us in the dark like this.

camjr

I carry a 642 J Frame in either a Mika or Nemesis pocket holster but recently made the switch to OWB in a pancake. Nothing more comfortable than an Airweight carried OWB. It disappears under any type of shirt.

Cheers,