What Gun Is On Your Radar?

NeverEnough

Really want a Henry lever gun in 22LR. Local shop had a couple for around $400, but I passed as I felt that was high. They were not golden boys (I don't like the gold anyway)

Was I wrong to pass?

P Flados

My son has a 4" Ruger GP-100 in 357. It is fun to shoot and the size is a little bigger than most 357s, but not bad at all.

However, I would really like to have at least one SA/DA that shoots bullets at least 0.400" in diameter.

I have found two guns that meet the second item and yet are about the same size as the first item.

A 5 shot 4" Ruger GP 100 in 10 mm. I have a mini lathe and I am confident I could make rimmed brass for it from some of my well worn 30 Herrett brass (30-30 parent case). I do have a small stash of range pickup 10mm brass.

A 5 shot 4" Taurus Tracker in 44 mag. I have a good stockpile of brass and I have a good bullet mold for the gun.

The Ruger would be low risk to buy, but right now any GP-100 seems to command a premium. The Taurus might be a little more risk to buy, but design/layout of the gun is closer to what I really want. The Taurus also cost a lot less.

Last edited:

rclark

my new favorite is this Richards Mason 51 navy.
Very nice. I've been debating picking up a brand new .44 Special Shofield (top break) that I saw now twice in a gun shop.... Probably gone now, but if there the next time I visit ... :) .

I want a Ruger Old Army because I want a shooter, not a looker. Prices are in the $1500 range right now for these. Too rich for me.
That seems a bit high to me. Just a year or so ago I picked up NIB 5 1/2" blued fixed sighted ROA for less than that, and it is a 'rarer' revolver. The common run-off-the-mill SS 7 1/2" adjustable sighted ROA you show should be easily under $1000. Say in the $600-700 range.... I would think. But what do I know :rolleyes: . I paid $400 for one back in 2014 which isn't that long ago.

sevt_chevelle

Just got a new Colt Anaconda, so I can scratch that one off the list.
Otherwise the DWX if it ever comes out of I might just throw in the towel and get a 2011.

dgludwig

"Browning" Hi Power from Springfield. Local gun stores don't have them yet. Would love to see one made from s/s.

Jcon72

I have sold a LOT of guns over the years. Selling that one was a mistake. :mad:

Yeah, same for me with the pre-lock 336T in 98% condition that I traded away for stereo equipment 27-28 years ago when I was young and dumb. Makes me sick every time I think about it.

Loupgarou

After much varied, back-and-forth and in-depth research, I've decided squarely and surely on the Beretta PX4 Storm, full size, in 9mmP.

JustJake

What Gun Is On Your Radar?
All the Cool Kids on the block are droolin' hard for one of the new 10mm S&W M&Ps.

I wanna see and handle one first, but I'll probably look hard at the 4"/no-safety model. Not impressed with the sky-scraper suppressor sights, but sights can be swapped.

Drm50

I don’t know what’s next but I can guarantee you one thing, it will show up on radar because it will be made of steel. It will also come from US or Northern Europe, with exception of CZ.