What Gun Is On Your Radar?

paknheat

Something in a lever action that’s chambered in .41 or .357 mag.

A Savage bolt gun in 7 Rem mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim Watson

I just wrote a gunsmith about reworking a gun that is very good when it shoots except it does not always shoot; a 2011 with feed faults.

I have no thoughts for a new purchase... right now.

Springfield XD-M Elite OSP FDE is on layaway.

Springfield Ronin is on my radar. Having a tough time picking out which cartridge. I have their EMP in 9mm, but no full size 9mm 1911s in my stable. I have one of their 1911s in 10mm, but I'd love to have another. I have several in .45ACP for obvious reasons and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have yet another one.

bamaranger

Ronin 10mm

The Ronin 10mm is/was on my list, and their selling at a fair price, if you can find one. I bought a cheapie 1911/10mm......hope I don't regret it.

highpower3006

Like AMP44, I either own, or used to own pretty much all the guns I have been interested in. While I don’t really want to caretake much more “stuff”, there are still a few guns that if I happened on them at a fair price, I would probably pick them up.

US&S 1911A1
Nazi proofed Hipower
Remington UMC 1911
ac41 P38
1st gen 1873 Colt

rclark

I've really found all that I am looking for in the 'modern' smokeless Single Action age. I have my set of perfect pack'n pistols. So thinking 'if' I get a new revolver/long gun, it will be in the percussion era. Maybe even a flintlock. Do more 'historical' style shooting. The so called 'modern' semi-auto pistols and rifles have no appeal what-so-ever. What-ever-the-case, in no hurry.

Hawg

I've really found all that I am looking for in the 'modern' smokeless Single Action age. I have my set of perfect pack'n pistols. So thinking 'if' I get a new revolver/long gun, it will be in the percussion era. Maybe even a flintlock. Do more 'historical' style shooting. The so called 'modern' semi-auto pistols and rifles have no appeal what-so-ever. What-ever-the-case, in no hurry.
I agree with you there. Semis have their place but the plastic wonder 9's don't do diddley squat for me. I do love my percussion guns but my new favorite is this Richards Mason 51 navy.

hxfM421l.jpg

AustinTX

Disregarding the ultra exotics and ultra rare collectibles, there are none.

Yep. Shame we have to disregard the most interesting guns of all for this thread's purposes.

If I don't own a handgun that I want, that's because it's "an ultra exotic and ultra-rare collectible" that I haven't located yet. I have all the run-of-the-mill, mass-production stuff that I want or need, and if something in that latter category comes out that I decide I want or need, I won't need to stumble across it in order to buy it.

I want a Ruger Old Army because I want a shooter, not a looker.

Prices are in the $1500 range right now for these. Too rich for me.

iu