Has a movie ever made you want to buy a certain firearm?

Powderman

Yep.

Guess which movie?

45-120CSharps--Americanmade.jpg

Even though it's chambered in 45-120, not 45-110, and those rounds aren't paper-patched.

Pond James Pond

"Nikita" made me want to buy a Desert Eagle.
That won't ever happened

"Lord of War" (Nicholas Cage) made me want to buy an AK of some sort. That hasn't happened yet.

"Predator" made me want to buy a mini-gun.
Surprinsingly, that hasn't happened yet either. Who'd have guessed...?

Joe_Pike

Not a movie, but every time I watch 'The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.' I want to buy a single action revolver. I still haven't picked one up yet.

Maximus856

Sniper/DM scenes are always a favorite for me...So, it was no surprise when I was younger and fell in love with the m14/m1a, thanks in part to Black Hawk Dawn.

blackhawkdown1.jpg

And of course, an '03 from Saving Private Ryan.

Saving_Private_Ryan_16.jpg

And lastly, Enemy at The Gates. Though I don't have a PU, I do have an m44. Not really hard to attain nor the main reason I own one it it was still a decent movie.

32056428.jpg

Personally, I feel like the shooting/historical accuracy in these movies was about as realistic as possible in these movies compared to many others.

10-96

How do some photos get reversed when posted and some do not? I've never figgered that one out. Of course I'm probably one of the least computer proficient guy here, but still I get curious. The left handed M-14 made me look twice.

wizrd

"Boondock Saints" - and have Coronado leather make me a vest that can carry 6 Dan Wesson Razorbacks, three on each side, that's my go to 1911 gun in 10 mm.

rburch

Gunsmith Cats made me pick up a CZ-75 the first time I saw one.

The fact the gun felt like it was molded for my hand made me buy one once I was old enough.

Chris_B

How do some photos get reversed when posted and some do not? I've never figgered that one out. Of course I'm probably one of the least computer proficient guy here, but still I get curious. The left handed M-14 made me look twice.

Photo (or maybe even the movie 'still' it was taken from) was flopped before it was posted. The forum just shows an image that's hosted someplace else; it only shows what it's directed to show.

The '03 that actor Barry Pepper is shooting in the photo below that one shows a left-handed character shooting a right-handed rifle lefty, interestingly enough. The '03 he's firing is interesting too. His character used at least two different '03 sniper rifles in the film. The one pictured is a prop-master's concoction, I believe. Looks good though

frankgh

I have a Glock 20 because Sonny Crockett had a Bren 10.

Stargate the series, FN P90...

I saw 1903 posted earlier, I had a Smith Corona 03A3 and sold it 20 years ago for $200... It did have a cracked stock.

freebird72

"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" makes me want a 1851 navy conversion so bad I can taste it. Though the movie "The Punisher" was just ok, the two colt 1911s were really neat and I would love to have a pair. "No Country For Old Men" makes me want a shotgun with a silencer.:D

cannonfire

According to the 'You might be a mall ninja' thread, anyone who wants a gun they saw in a movie is a mall ninja... Just sayin :p

That being said, every time I watch Black Hawk Down, I want an 11.5 in AR with suppressor.... I guess I am a mall ninja. ....sighhhhh...

Edward429451

Absolutely. I grew up watching Clint Eastwood Westerns on Saturday mornings so Single Actions and Lever Actions are what I wanted, and comprise most of what I own today. My first new gun was a Winchester 9422M for my 9th or 10th Bday?

Last Man Standing made me buy a bunch of extra Mags for the Colt 45. :D

BitterTait

I purchased two, both henries. My AR-7 and my Mares leg are 100% as a result of movies and television. 5 year old BitterTait swore he would own one of those, and Adult BitterTait fulfilled that promise. Now all I need is a Rocket Car and and a pet Dinosaur and I'll have everything I wanted in kindergarden.