Has a movie ever made you want to buy a certain firearm?

Gaerek

I'd really like the Glock 7 that Bruce Willis mentions in Die Hard 2, but I can't seem to find any for sale. Must be an LEO only thing.

Other than that, I can't think of any movie that has "sold" me a gun. I don't buy guns based on a deal made between a movie studio and firearm manufacturer.

Dr Big Bird PhD

this will be coming out in airsoft form. once when i get my hands on it, ill be dropping in a .22LR in it.

I've heard that a mil-spec MSR is completely legal for a citizen to buy, is this true? (No I don't have the money to even think about buying it, but I'm just curious).

SPEMack618

From my understanding of it, there is nothing about the gun in of and itself that is illegal, all it is a bolt gun with a bunch of doo-dad hangers attached to it.

Maybe in California though, seeing as how is has an adjustable stock and a detachable magazine. Not sure.

However, Remington Defense doesn't sell to civilians and they market said rifle, so whil not illegal, it's just not on the market.

rickyjames

probably the 2 movies that made me buy a particular gun was dirty harry......the 44 mag revolver and quiggly down under for my sharps rifle :) never a second thought about either. oh,.........a whole childhood of cowboy movies for my single action 6 guns and my winchesters and 12 ga double barrel coach gun. oh,.....and all the war movies for my m1 carbine and ar-15/m-4's and 1911 semi auto handguns. oh, and marvin the martin cartoon for my space ray gun.

BlueTrain

Yet another movie which actually prompted me to purchase a particular gun was "The Grey Fox," with Richard Farnsworth as real-life train robber Bill Miner. The gun was a Colt Bisley model, which the actual historical character used and which is in a museum somewhere in Canada, along with a Colt .32 automatic and a Luger. They were progressive train robbers, having given up robbing stagecoaches. I eventually had two Bisley models, both in .45, different barrel lengths, both fixed sights. They take a little getting used to. I also owned a Ruger Bisley, which approached perfection in a single action revolver.

Actor Harry Carey from the Bronx made many movies, including a lot of westerns. One that was not a western was Trader Horn, also based on a real life individual who was a trader in Africa, where the movie was also filmed. At some point I managed to find a copy of the book, about 80 years old, but not the movie itself. I'm not really sure if he used a double rifle in that movie or not but he did in another movie also set in Africa called Sundown. He was a white hunter in that movie. In still another movie, one of he later ones, he was a sheriff in a John Wayne Western. He makes a shot with a rifle and blows through the barrel after he makes the shot. Nice touch, especially for a law student from the Bronx.

Drummer101

MIB 3: J frame revolver
Wild Wild West: 1860 Army
Skyfall: sig p232 (seems a little better than the modern day ppk)
Band of Brothers: Colt 1911 (but the commander model)

Texshooter

Well, gotta say a Browning Hi Power.

"The Bodyguard", but really because Costner and myself share so many of the same qualities:D