Which handgun does your husband use for a house gun?

Tipsy Mcstagger

Haha, nice reply thread. I don't have a husband as I am the husband but I have a kimber 38 super commander ready to go, a 686+ and a 12 gauge pump out of the safe if I need them.

Bennyfatsack

3 12g's securely stored at optimum spots around the house, 7 shot lever action, side by side coach gun, and a old fold down poachers gun single shot. Like a lottery if you want to break into my place on how many quick shot ill get away, but unless you wearing amour one ssg is enough!

skizzums

i read the link, pretty funny
wife especially likes the way to make your wife hates guns, it was me line for line, except the exclusion part

WC145

not many of you actually read pax's link, did you?
No, we didn't. We're men, if she wanted us to read the link she should have posted something obvious like "Hey guys, read this link". Once again, a woman's expectation of men's intuitiveness was way too high.

Pico

At home

I currently have a RUGER LC9 nearby, sometimes a 1911 .45 acp.

But really there is no need to limit yourself to a handgun when at home. So my normal goto gun at home is a 12 gauge loaded with no 4 buck and a 220 Lumens light.

The handgun may be along JIC but noises in the yard are usually a job for my shotgun.

Pico

Last edited:

Mystro

No worries for me, I have a trunk monkey with a Sig P229.

armedtrunkmomkey.jpg

Pilot

No, we didn't. We're men, if she wanted us to read the link she should have posted something obvious like "Hey guys, read this link". Once again, a woman's expectation of men's intuitiveness was way too high.

Understatement of the year. :D However, they will still hold us accountable as mind readers, and anticipators of every "need" so they can attempt to maintain the upper hand. :)

We are an insensitive lot, whatever that means. See!

KMAX

May be over-stepping my bounds but I am the husband of the house. Read the link. LOL. This is why I use a FNS40 with no safety. Wouldn't want my thumb to get tangled on the slide or frame. Just point and pull the trigger. I count on this to get me to the closet that contains only my 12 gauge. Wouldn't want to get confused and grab a shirt instead. :D

Juancts

I'm the husband: my 1st option is my old remington 870. I also have a glock 32 handy. For conceal carry Glock 26 (9mm)