What was your first revolver?

Fullthrottle

A few years ago I bought new a Taurus model 66, stainless steel, 6inch bbl .357magnum. Still have it, still works great and still shoot it! Then again I am of the mind that I don't get rid of guns(not without good reason anyway).

jamesjo

H&R Model 922
I owned several pistols before, but this was my first revolver.
I bought it from my uncle before he passed away.
He bought it new in 1950. I have the box, paperwork, hang tag, and receipt.
It really started a sickness, I now have 30 H&R revolvers, and no new semi autos since then.

DSCN1637.jpg

OkieCruffler

My first revolver and my first pistol was a used RG 10 22LR SA. Bought it from the local mechanic for $75 when I was 16 I think. I remember dad looking at it and shaking his head. I don't think I ever hit anything with that gun on purpose.

RWJOHN

My first revolver was a stainless GP-100 4" bought in 1993. I asked the sales clerk to see the blued version but he grabbed the wrong box I guess. After seeing it I changed my mind and never regretted it. I just put a new Hogue Monogrip on it last week and it's like having a brand new gun. :)

Peace

aarondhgraham

There were three "firsts",,,

First revolver I got to shoot with any regularity was Lucille,,,
My Momma's Colt Frontier Scout SA in .22 LR.

lucille-lr.jpg

"Be a good boy and you can shoot Lucille some this afternoon",,,
That was Momma's best carrot to get me to do something.

First revolver I ever bought with my own cash was this Saturday Night Special in .22 short,,,
I bought it at a garage sale (Mom didn't know) in my sophomore year (1966),,,
If memory serves me correct I paid $5.00 for it.

sns-r.jpg

First revolver I ever bought on purpose because I knew what it was,,,
And it was exactly what I wanted to own,,,
Was really just last year.

I was just getting back into shooting after a long hiatus,,,
I had been looking for this model S&W revolver,,,
I found this pristine specimen.

S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece,,,
I named her Stella.

stella-lr.jpg

These were my three "firsts",,,

Flyfisher

Another vote for...

Ruger GP100 .357 blued, that I picked up in 1987.

That thing will still be firing generations from now!!

Gonzo_308

My first was a Colt King Cobra 4" Stainless. I loved that gun. When I went through the academy, I was introduced to the Smith and Wesson model 19 and then a 686.

I have owned an L frame ever since. My favorite though is still the K frame 19/66 models though.

BigJimP

S&W Mod 10 Victory  .38 spl.jpg

A S&W Victory model from 1946 - that I received from an uncle in the family in about 1960 ( and I still have it ) ....and the hand tooled holster that he carried it in for 15 yrs or so as a Deputy Sheriff.

Its a .38 spl / and most of the parkerized finish has worn off ...but it still shoots great.

Blade37db

My first revolver was my first gun....a really nice 3rd Gen Detective Special I bought at a gun show for $375 in 2005. It was so pretty I bought other guns to shoot and kept it in the safe except for the occasional fondle. For some stupid reason, I eventually traded it away.:(

hemiram

My first revolver was also my first gun. I had just been hired on my 21st birthday as a security guard, and I went to the "cheap" gun place (Wonderworld in Las Vegas), and bought a Taurus 83 in nickel with the heavy barrel. It was horrible. Spit lead, the rifling was all messed up, but Taurus claimed TWICE that it was "normal", even though 2 gunsmiths and numerous gunshop employees looked at it, and they all said they had no idea how it was even made the way it was. The rifling almost stopped in the middle of the barrel, and then restarted again! Nobody that looked at it had ever seen anything like it before. The lead had to literally be chiseled out of it after just 6 shots. Taurus did fix the timing issue, and the cylinder not being flat in the front causing binding as soon as the gun heated up, but the main problem was the defective barrel, and they insisted it was "normal". I don't think a barrel where a brass wire with a hook on would "catch" halfway down the barrel is "normal". I quickly sold it, and bought my first decent gun, a Dan Wesson Model 15-2VH 6" in Feb 79. It was on Gunbroker a couple years ago, but I forgot to check the auction and it was sold. I lost it by a buck.

langenc

K22-6" blue-in 1967 for $98. Should have bought half dozen.

Wonder what one of these will cost our grandkids when they are ready for a gun??