What was your first revolver?

SPEMack618

Smith and Wesson Model 10, with a heavy barrell and a four inch barrel. Pops got it for making all A's and one B when I was a sophmore. You know, I got a Glock or two, a Colt 1991A1, a Ruger P-95, have carried an issued M-9, and I still think that is my favorite handgun.

And to this day, we'll be lougning around the frat castle discussing fire arms and when ever the inevitable

"Bro, if you had to take one hand gun to war again, what would it be?"

I always reply with my Model 10 and some of Pop's custom hand loads for it.

And maybe the snubby five shot .38 Smith on my ankle whose numerical designation escapes me at the moment.

collector rob

My first was a Ruger single-six convertible I got for Christmas when I was 12. By the following summer I had saved up enough lawn mowing money for a Ruger NM Blackhawk in .41 magnum.:D I still have them both.

Jbar4Ranch

hemiram said:
The rifling almost stopped in the middle of the barrel, and then restarted again!

I returned a .357 Tracker a couple months ago with the same problem - it looked like the rifling tool/button had spun in the barrel for about an inch and there was absolutely NO rifling in that area, then the rifling started up again, but didn't appear to match up with the section before it. They returned it in the same condition saying the barrel, cylinder, and trigger had been "adjusted". I boxed it up again with a note specifically saying to replace the barrel, and it came back the second time with a new barrel.

Ifishsum

Taurus 689 4", circa 1991. I wanted my first handgun to be as versatile as possible because I couldn't afford more than one, and I believed (still do) that a 4" .357 mag revolver is about as versatile as it gets for a handgun. Though I have acquired many more handguns over the years, that Taurus still serves me well and gets carried regularly by someone in the family.

Snobal

Ruger .22 SA revolver. I believe it was a "single six."

Paid $50 for it used in about 1963.

Started shooting Bullseye competition in about 1966 and found out the Ruger was "not what I wanted." Sold it and bought a Model 14 S&W.

Therefore, my first "real" revolver was the Model 14.;)

hemiram

Jbar4Ranch- I've seen rifling done in a video someone gave me years ago, and it showed S&W making barrels and I would imagine Taurus did it the same way, so I don't know how they did it. I called Taurus when it came back the first time, and I told the guy on the phone that you could hook the "end" of the rifling where it stopped, and he said, "That's normal!". I said back, "You're kidding, right?", and told him a couple of gunsmiths and other people with gun knowledge said they had never seen anything like it, and that the barrel was defective. He sighed, and said "Send it back!". I did, and it was gone for several months. They did nothing to it that time, except the grips were changed to a darker shade of wood. There wasn't any reason to change them, but I didn't care. I just wish they had fixed the barrel. Saying it was "normal" was just crazy. I wanted no more to do with Taurus.

While it was gone, I borrowed a friend's S&W 66 to use at work, but I was worried it would get banged up, so I bought an old S&W 28, in perfect mechanical shape, a target trigger and hammer, and with worn bluing, so I wouldn't be freaked if it got scratched up when it got banged into a slot machine or table. I really wish I had it back, it was a really great gun. My mom had that gun next to her bed for a few years, shooting .38 specials in it was like shooting a .22.

Nasty

4" heavy barrel S&W model 10 .38 Special, followed by a Colt Series 70 .45 ACP.

After those first two, things got weird...lol

Honestly, I could have probably *stopped* after those 2 and been well served to this day.

longranger

Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag 1983,First of 17 handguns(revolvers) last handgun purchased May 2010, S&W Mdl57 .41 Mag.The only 2 NIB revolvers I have ever bought were both .41 Mag.

GAR700

Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag with a 4 1/2 inch barrel. I was working in Northern Montana with the grizzlies and needed something to make me feel better. It made me feel better until I decided to shoot it. Then I decided that it kicked a little hard and I couldnt hit anything with it. But I stuck with it and I love it now with about 1500 rounds through it and counting.
GAR

gyvel

I guess I'm the only one to have the distinction of saying my first was a Cody Thunderbird that I paid $5.00 for in 1962. It had a broken hammer spur, was badly out of time, and was a total POS. LOL :D