What was your first revolver?

zombieslayer

The one that started it all was an old pos Rohm my dad let me shoot when I was a kid. My first was Rohm, and I'm still shooting! Lol

357 Python

The first revolver I owned is a 6" Royal Blue Colt Python. The first revolver that I bought is a 4" S&W model 28-2. I still have both after all these years.

Dougw47

First revolver...

I got married in 1966...working nights for the Post Office, I thought the wife needed some protection. Uncle Tommy and I went to McClellands in Dallas, Tx.
He bought an RG-10, .22 revolver...real POS, but it went bang for 2 years. Then it started bang, no bang, bang, no bang. Gave it to my cousin...he thought he could fix it. But, he gave up.

Got a part-time job as a security guard...went to a pawnshop in Dallas that advertised "Police Supplies!" Guy sold me a Taurus .38 Special that looked like a S&W Model 15. He told me it was an exact copy of a Smith and every part would inter-change. I was dumb, and bought it...paid a small fortune for it and leather. Later I found out he lied "BIG TIME!" LOL

Go on later with the "Postal Police" (big joke) and they issued me a Model 10.

First REAL revolver I ever bought was a Model 19...which I blew up with a double charge of Bullseye. That was a surprise...but I did not get a scratch!

Badness

model 627 performance center 2 5/8" barrel. .357 mag. Just got it not too long ago and haven't even shot it yet. can't wait. ;)

Elvishead

Mine was a Taurus 608 4" ported .357 8 shot. Good gun but I updated to a S&W 327 R8 M&P 8 shot .357 and then a S&W 638 Airweight .38spl +P for carry.

Badness

model 627 performance center 2 5/8" barrel. .357 mag. Just got it not too long ago and haven't even shot it yet. can't wait.

I didn't know they made a 2 5/8" barrel. Is that an 8 shot? I'd like to see a pic!

floydster

Ruger Bearcat with the gold engraving I bought in 1965-----a few years later I traded it for a 4x Weaver scope---can you believe it, talk about young and stupid!!!!
Floydster:(

Maromero

What was your first revolver?

Gift from my father. S&W 686 4" barrel circa 1989. Dad recently relinquished his Taurus PT92 and ask for a wheelgun. I opened the vault and guess what he picked.

Laz

I can't remember if I replied to this previously or not and am too lazy to look. My favorite revolver, hands down, is a 4 5/8 inch Ruger Blackhawk .45 Convertible. There are several bunched up around 2nd place but none are close to being number one.

OUCH! How did I read "favorite" instead of "first"? My first revolver was a little blue-black Smith and Wesson 442.

RickB

I was lucky enough to hit the gun store right after Dirty Harry traded-in his Model 29. Blued, 6.5", pinned, wide/target everything. No box, but legitimate 95% condition. I put maybe 300 rounds through it before noticing that comeone had apparently used a ball pien hammer to drive the cylinder off the crane, dinging two of the chambers. Sold it for what I'd paid for it, $350 (1992 dollars), but now wish I'd kept it and found a replacement cylinder.

skoro

S&W Model 1917 in 45acp with half-moon clips. It was my grandad's sidearm in WWI.

312smithwesson1917usarmy.jpg

saltlife843

Im new to this site and trying to figure somethings out

I'm a 22 year old college student. I own differnt shotguns and rifles but have no experience in handguns. Im looking for a handgun that I could purchase from my local gun shop for 150-225. As you can see I'm not exactly able to buy a top of the line pistol. And also how do I post a new converation thread. Thanks for all of your help,

Landon