What Is Your Most Unpretentious Handgun?

tex45acp

I forgot all about this one till I found it at the back of my gunsafe. It looks like a 1911 but that's where it ends. Inside it shares nothing with a 1911. Fun to shoot though and decently accurate.
IMG_7721%5B1%5D.JPG

2ndtimer

Most unpretentious handgun? Probably would be my Taurus PT-1911, although it did come with nice walnut checkered grip panels, but with the parkerized finish and large TAURUS emblazoned on the slide, no one will mistake it for a proud pony or a Nighthawk.

claydoctor

More than a few folks have mentiond Charter Arms. I have a stainless 38 special Charter snubbie with a factory bobbed hammer. I have had it at least thirty years and it looks like new. Fit and finish are excellent. It currently resides on top of a grandfather's clock in my front hall near the front door.

Drm50

Mine would be old 1st edition Ruger Single-6 and a S&W Victory 38sp. They may no be collector items but they are still first rate weapons. Some time ago I decided life was to short to waste time playing with second rate firearms. By same token all those NIB S&Ws are not doing any good. Sending them to market.

I have a few rather worn, used and otherwise nondescript .38 Hand Ejector revolvers. Not very impressive but I like them. Not sure what is considered 'unpretentious'.

lamarw

This one has a very serious "meaning business look" to it. It is a S&W Pre-Model 27 in .357 Magnum with a 3 & 1/2 " barrel shipped from the factory in May of 1950.

Attachments

• 100_4767.JPG
    100_4767.JPG
    677.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_4768.JPG
    100_4768.JPG
    633.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Seedy Character

All and yet, none.

Had a Charter Arms 4" service revolver .38 - sold it
Had a couple of Rossi .38 - sold
Had a couple of Phoenix .22 - sold
Had a couple of Heritage .22 - sold
Had an Auto Ordinance 1911. Possibly the most unpretentious gun ever. Totally reliable, accurate, mil-spec, carry gun for 30+ years -sold it

Simply tools and toys.

paknheat

This would be a S&W model 66 that I tote when I’m walking the fence line.

I also have a Rough Rider .22 with a birds head grip that I tote occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaysouth

Smith 908 with most of the finish worn off the slide. At 10 yards I can put the next 50 shots inside a cantaloupe size group. Paid $100 for it to a guy who needed the money in 1992.

CajunBass

I'm not sure if a Smith & Wesson N-frame can ever really be "unpretentious" or not, but I picked up this refinished Model 28 not too long ago. It's sort of rough looking...or many it just looks like serious business.

It's got a target hammer and trigger, (and a REALLY nice trigger), and I've cleaned it up with Flitz and Ren Wax, and gotten it halfway presentable in polite company. It's S/N puts it in the early "N" series...probably about 1971-72. Tight as the day they made it.

00-hkoSrbiJVbkLQIqHJdzDYiKsisWU9eos8swfCMeXiIwpF9WBWkOpZa74lWVt0SoJaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-hkoSrbiJVbkLQIqHJdzDYiKsisWU9eos8swfCMeXiIxvnoEA0x7Vp7xasZ77x28KqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

Last edited: