What Is Your Most Unpretentious Handgun?

Butzbach

My Roscoe

GB baby, S&W model 13, bobbed, round butt. First time I popped a side plate and did a trigger job. Did a red resin front site insert.The bluing is thin but still some CCH on the trigger. There's a clip draw and Pachmayr's on her now.

She's rough but a shooter for sure and better than I am at 15 yards. Not as nice a balance as a 3" but I like her.

gwpercle

That would be either my Ruger Wrangler , no frills SA six shooter ...
Or maybe my AMT Hardballer , 1911 in stainless steel ...factory stock with no work done or custom parts .
Gary

TunnelRat

People are pretentious. I don't see how an inanimate object is pretentious. I have had expensive handguns and more affordable handguns. I never considered any of them pretentious.

TunnelRat

Amazing that even a thread as innocuous as this recommends posters for one’s ignore list.

If someone is offended by the posts thus far, at least enough to put someone on an ignore list, then it’s a good idea to make use of that ignore list so they won’t be offended in the future. When people get offended they historically tend to make things personal and go off topic, which has negative implications for a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcon72

I suppose that would be my Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE...

It may be a Smith & Wesson, but it sure isn't fancy nor is it pretentious... It's a pretty blatant derivative of a Glock, so much so that the original Gen 1 Sigma SW40F (mine is a Gen 3) was similar enough to a Glock that they actually filed a lawsuit against S&W over it which ended up settled out of court. Nothing pretentious about that, in fact it's pretty darn humble if anything for Smith & Wesson to so blatantly copy another company's design, especially one so plain and utilitarian as a Glock.

Yeah, I was thinking my SW40F would probably classify as my most unpretentious handgun. Sure was cheap, though, and it sure is a nice shooter!