What is your favorite Rifle that you own?

chadwick76

love my m1 garand (what a piece of history)!, got it from my dad for b-day years ago. it would take a very quiet, and bullet proof wearing body suit theif to be able to cut it out of my safe. ha ha
keep on shooting!!!!!!!!!!

stubbicatt

PTR91

I really like my PTR91. Excellent accuracy. Very dependable. Easy to clean, but shoots just fine dirty. Easy to put a scope on. I love the iron sights, remind me to an extent of the aperture sights on my match rifle, except for the post instead of a ring in the front sight.

One can change stocks quickly and easily.

With the 22 l.r. conversion kit it is fun to introduce new shooters to the sport.

With the neat-o blue plastic practice rounds and bolt/carrier, it is just a hoot.

What's not to like?

:D

Moloch

910005nu8.jpg

Springfield 1842 rifled, cal .69 black powder muzzleloader, twist for conicals.

I dont know why, I mostly shoot modern rifles but my favorite will always be this one, there is somethig special about shooting caliber .69 conicals with 730 grains of weight downrange with 1000 fp/s out of a 10 pounds rifle. Technically its more a small cannon than a rifle. Its also the only rifle I own where the bullets hitting the dirt make a noticeable ''whack!'' sound because of their weight and diameter which can be heard even 100yds away. Recoil is very hard from the bench.

Thats the big boy compared to a brenneke Slug and a 8mm (.33) Mauser bullet:
lieblingevc6.jpg
69erio1.jpg

caliber69conicalsrs8.jpg

Its also THE rifle to get out when a debate about stopping power is going on.

Last edited:

badlander

My favorite has to be my CAR. No tactical stuff just A really lightweight little AR. non gun folks always ask if it is real.

handlebar

Depending on the need at the moment, each rifle is my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1975.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 67
  • rifles.jpg
    rifles.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 65

foxxpro

I would have to go with a couple my grandfather gave me. A Remington model 12, 22 pump or a Winchester pre 64 250-3000. I could not part with them.

dcobler

Remington 700 chambered in 30-06. It would take a dirty thief that can make it past 10 rounds from my .45. That or about $1,400 so I can buy two more just like mine.:D

winchester243

It would have to be my Remington 700 ADL in .270, used this gun for years.

P1010149.jpg

But I just got this Savage 12 VLP in 22-250, it might supplant the .270, I'll know for sure this spring when I go gopher hunting. :D

IMG_0682.jpg

MCKNBRD

That I own...I've got several 10/22s...2 of them are above the pack, though. My 'Squirrel Gun' with a VQ THM Tension barrel, Hogue stock, various internal goodies, and 3-9x40 scope...its a tack driver and great for what I wanted. The other is my Liberty Training Rifle that I use for Appleseeds...this year, I hope, it will start its career as a loaner and help qualify some Americans as 'Rifleman'.

I've got a Savage 10FCM Scout that I love, and its perfect for its mission...and I'm on the list to get a RRA Coyote Carbine, so it will probably be high on the favorite list when it gets here.

What it would cost to get any of them from me? You could have my squirrel gun for $800...the Scout would cost you $1200 or so...the LTR, you'd have to have your rifleman patch and $350 for it. I've got others that I'll never part with, but these are tools...and you can always buy new tools.

Byrdman

longranger

Here's a couple of the original "long range" rifles, all of my other rifles are for sale at the right price. Never these two!!

Attachments

• 100_1661.jpg
    100_1661.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_1662.jpg
    100_1662.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 68

ThomasT

Don't know that I have a favorite rifle but I think the most useful rifle I own is my Marlin 94 in 357 mag.

As long as I can handload for it I can make it serve a broad range of uses and roles.

Last edited: