What is your favorite Rifle that you own?

Sam Harrison

Remington Model 41 Targetmaster.
Great single-shot .22, ancient, and I love its ridiculously long barrel (26"). Completely silent with CB shorts.

Picher

"If I can't be with the gun I love, I love the gun I'm with."

(Didn't I hear that in a musical? Maybe the "Sound of Gunfire", "Bye Bye Badguy", or "Seven Guns for Seven Brothers".) After a while, they all sound about the same.

Actually, my hobby has gone on so long that I really love all my current guns and can't say that I have one favorite.

That said:
My favorite offhand rifle is an accurized Rem 504;
favorite deer rifle is a custom .270 Win, Rem 700 BDL Stainless in an HS Precision Stock;
favorite varmint rifle is a glassbedded older Rem 700 ADL, .22-250 Rem;
favorite shotgun is a Franchi Diamond O/U;
favorite CF Handgun is a S&W 4" Mod. 19, .357 mag;
favorite rimfire bench gun is a custom Win 52C with Weaver T36;
favorite rimfire plinker rifle is a Mod. 69A Winchester .22;
favorite CF range shooter is a pillar-bedded .223 Tikka 595;
favorite rimfire handgun is a Ruger MKII Bull, with pachmayr grips, red dot sight and tuned trigger.

I have second favorites and sometimes third favorites, but they're all favorites. I've dumped the least favorites along the way.

Picher

B. Lahey

Amoskeag Special Model of 1861 Rifle-Musket

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330232

riflemusket7.jpg

TDodge7

this is the only long gun i'm any good with , i hit stuff with this that i can't even hit with my scoped 22 ....who knows why . but i could be persuaded to let it go for a real auto ordinance , somehow i don't see that trade happening .
100_2008.jpg

beardenbc

That pretty much sums up my feeling. Not dissing Rugers, but I have never really thought of them as "Premium", "Inspiring", or "Favorite" guns. To me they have always been more utilitarian, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just my own personal prejudice, I guess.
It's completely understandable.
I'm not very fond of their bolt actions, but for my mini30, it's just a combo of things, and none of those includes "Premium" or "inspiring".

It's fun and cheap to shoot. I can easily hit a clay target with iron sights at 100yds in the kneeling, and I can do it all day at 30 cents a round and no bruised shoulder. I can also have plenty of rapid fire fun.

It has fantastic iron sights (I removed my scope).
It's 7.62x39 AND it's made in America. That's a rare combo.
Nobody makes a wood stocked AR, and if they did, it would look dumb.
It love the look and feel. The way it shoulders, the way it swings.
It NEVER jams. Ever.

Best of all, I can take the same gun I have all this fun plinking with, and use it to get some tasty red venison.

darkgael

Sights

Longrifles: Thanks for the Nesika shots. Sights? PNW? What is the globe on the front?
Together they cost more than some folks rifles, I'll bet.
Pete

hardhit

:eek: Sorry that was Dum of me I was think what I wanted to say but my fingers didn’t type it.
I meant the round that fits you gun.

sureshots

Surprised

I am very surprised that there are so few of the old standard hunting rifles on the list. Rifles such as Remington 700's, Winchester 94's,70's,Savage 110's,Marlin336's and such.

Horseman

sureshots

I've been noticing that trend here too the last few years. Things have gotten a little different in the gun industry eh? Remember when over half the posts were about hunting rifles?

Horseman

Sharps! How much &*^t can you hang off the forend of a sharps? Where do you put the double radar laser heat seeking shotgun with 60x moonscope? Sharps? Ha.

millercreek

My favorite rifle at the moment is my new Marlin 336W 30-30. When I first saw it, I must say I was a little underwhelmed. It looked kind of like a Daisy BB gun! I had never handled or shot a lever action until I bought this, and I think I am hooked! I put a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope on this rifle and it is just perfect. It is short, lightweight, fast handling and accurate. I don't have more than 30 or 40 rounds through it so far, but I got a .8" three shot group at 100 yards with it today with Winchester Super X 170 gr. flatpoints. That is just as good as my bolt action rifles. As much as I like this one, though, I think I would LOVE one of the new Marlins in .338 Marlin Express.

As far as selling it, I don't know if I would. I hate to sell accurate guns, especially when I paid less than $400 for it new.

Rembrandt

Tough choice, so many favorites to choose from. Probably go with this virgin Winchester 52B Sporter (.22LR). "If" a replacement could be found in its condition, would be $5-$6K+ ......think I'll hang on to it for awhile.

Img_3375.jpg