What I Don't Like About Glock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

USNRet93

Why shoot a Glock when you can buy a CZ.
Why? Lotsa reasons.
The Glock is striker fired and does not have a visible hammer. The CZ is hammer fired double action/single action firing DA/SA system. Each squeeze of the Glock is crisp and the same. The CZ’s trigger squeeze for me was a little more spongy, as most DA/SA guns tend to be.

These last two points are for me a deal breaker

For me too..

http://gunivore.com/pistol/glock-19-vs-cz-p-09/

Ya asked, I answered..

FLJim

Recently traded-in a G22 against a 1911. Why? I did not shoot the Glock well, and that's all there was to it. Glocks work well for others. I am somewhat envious of them, because it's over-all a great platform. Wish it'd worked for me.

batmann

I have a Glock17 Gen 3 and it has never failed to bang. It’s not the most ergonomic, not the best trigger and certainly not the best looking, but it’s reliable, simple and light.
There are a lot of myths about a Glock, but take them with a grain of salt.
All I can say is mine works every time I pull the trigger

USNRet93

Ahh, why not..between my son's and I we have 7 Glocks...43s, 42s(I have 2), 17s, 45 and I have gone shootin' with them many times(thousands of rounds) and gee...none of us has EVER had a failure of any kind..cheap to expensive ammo, various weights, types, aluminum, steel, brass cases..hmmmm
There are a lot of myths about a Glock, but take them with a grain of salt.
All I can say is mine works every time I pull the trigger

BUT gun choice is 100% subjective..tried, owned a variety of others..revolvers(3), Rugers, Taurus', 1911, etc...but Glock works for me cuz, IMHO->tool, not trophy...:)

TxFlyFish

Compared to the forum favorites, the CZ 75 and Walther PPQ, two decidedly mediocre guns, Glock as a whole is doing pretty good.

TunnelRat

Ahh, why not..between my son's and I we have 7 Glocks...43s, 42s(I have 2), 17s, 45 and I have gone shootin' with them many times(thousands of rounds) and gee...none of us has EVER had a failure of any kind..cheap to expensive ammo, various weights, types, aluminum, steel, brass cases..hmmmm

BUT gun choice is 100% subjective..tried, owned a variety of others..revolvers(3), Rugers, Taurus', 1911, etc...but Glock works for me cuz, IMHO->tool, not trophy...:)
I think there are a number of firearms that fit the definition of tool not trophy.

That reminds me of a fun episode of Top Gear where Clarkson said, "It was obvious that some of us had brought the right tools, while some of us were tools."

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nodak1858

I can finally weigh in on a Glock thread, kind of. I picked u p a G19 parts kit and a Poylimer 80 lower kit. Ended up making two pistols. While they are not the most interesting to look at pistol, I am growing to like them. The trigger will take a bit getting used to but other than that I don't' see myself getting rid of them. These, once prove reliable, will go in the CCW rotation. I have always thought of a Glock as a "tool" as well. Nothing fancy to look at but a gun made to work. I am a pro Glock guy I guess.

USNRet93

I think there are a number of firearms that fit the definition of tool not trophy.

I agree, absolutely, 100%
That reminds me of a fun episode of Top Gear where Clarkson said, "It was obvious that some of us had brought the right tools, while some of us were tools."

You say that twice, twice...

tipoc

"Tool not trophy".

Someone got to explain what they mean by that. Is it a jibe at collectors? A jibe at good looking guns? What are folks trying to say there? What point?

tipoc

5whiskey

Someone got to explain what they mean by that. Is it a jibe at collectors? A jibe at good looking guns? What are folks trying to say there? What point?

To me, it's a highly functional and economic piece of equipment to perform a specific role. SD for example. I appreciate both tools and trophies, though I do admit not having the budget to have any real high end trophies. For me, I wouldn't carry a Wilson or Nighthawk for EDC. Why? Mostly because I wouldn't want it to be seized as evidence if I ever had to use it. A Glock (or in my case a CZ P-07) is reliable, accurate, and much more affordable to replace.

There's a place for both tools and trophies though. At least to many of us.

USNRet93

"Tool not trophy".

tipoc
Pretty common in bicycles(I used to own a high end bike shop), where the 'argument' was flash, paint, colors and how it looks nice on Sunday vs the dirty, missed matched color wise, but still functional, bicycle that you rode everyday.
That little statement says NOTHING about how it is 'bad' to collect, 'bad' to like the 'look' of guns, or any 'jibe' at anybody that buys a gun for another reason other than reliability and function. Many good looking, collector status handguns are also reliable. MY point is that MY guns are tools, like a hammer or saw. The gun isn't the end in itself but the means to that end of shooting something that feels good, is reliable and meets MY needs. MY needs when it comes to a gun isn't looks, collectability, $ appreciation...It's function, reliability. Case in point is the silver slide on the new G43x and 48..some are really twisted about that..me, I care not at all.

BUT, not trying to comment on anything about you or anybody else. MY view, MY needs and requirements..period.

Last BTW-this IS in a 'what I don't like about Glock' thread..yes?

Some(like me), don't see anything 'bad' about Glock cuz to me..it's a tool....not a trophy....:)

This isn't my cup of tea either but they sold every one they made.

Attachments

• Colnago_F60_Ferrari_Ltd_Rear.jpg
    Colnago_F60_Ferrari_Ltd_Rear.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

GarandTd

I think the "tool not trophy" comment says more about the firearm handler than the firearm itself. I don't do work with mine so they are not tools. None of them are fancy or flashy so I don't consider any a trophy either. For me the holes I put where I want are the trophy and any of my firearms are capable of producing.

I don't see the point of the Glock argument "mine goes bang every time". That is not exclusive to Glock. Sure they are reliable, but so are many other makes and models.

USNRet93

#longer service life and more reliable than any Glock!
Pretty close..Glock came to the Austrian military in 1992..thru today. The Model 15 was made from 1949-1999...37 years vs 50..:)

BTW-USN Seals chose the Glock 19 instead of the Sig...
The U.S. Navy SEALs are known to have a very diverse small-arms locker, one full of the best and most durable firearms available. So when they decide to get behind a certain weapon in a big way, it tends to be big news. Now, after toting metal-framed Sig Sauer P226s on missions around the globe for three decades, a new pistol will reportedly take its place: the hugely popular Glock 19.

BTW-gotta agree about one thing..I 'qualified' on the model 15 in the USN and USAF to get that wee ribbon and in spite of the really crappy conditions of them..man were they beat up..they worked and accurate enough to get the wee gedunk ribbon..

Dave T

I don't think there is another make of handgun that generates the hatred and negativity displayed toward the Glocks. I don't understand the need to tell us about your animosity toward them.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T BUY ONE!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.