What I Don't Like About Glock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skans

"So Skans, if you want this closed - let us know if you can get a grip on the angle of the discussion?"

This one has been entertaining, but I think it's time to close it. Fifteen pages about Glock Handguns - crazy! I am glad folks kept it civil.

Glocks: Love 'em. Hate 'em. Shoot 'em - what more needs to be said?

totaldla

USNRet93 said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
You should have looked on gun broker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No kidding..I just scored a NEW Glock on GunBroker for about 2/3 of 'MSRP'...
Isn't that a used gun site?

saleen322

What I Don't Like About Glock...

With me it is not that I dislike Glock, I just never had a reason or desire to get one. As a LE firearms instructor for over 30 years I have fired thousands of rounds from Glocks. The shoot okay accurate, they are simple, no unusual reliability problems, and are easy to get accessories for. However I owned and shot other types as well as competed long enough to know there are better pistols available. I am not a big fan of plastic pistols but do see they have an application. Years ago I wanted to have a plastic service pistol to take to instructor classes that I did not care about scratching up. Got a great deal on a XD when they were first out that unlike Glock would shoot lead bullets as well as jacketed and I still have it with no problems to date.

Glock has the Blue Label program where you can get one for low cost and that is a good feature. If you like Glock, there are a lot of them available. Buy and shoot what you like. YMMV

TunnelRat

The level playing field is the market. Right now the M&P in 40SW, 1.0 and 2.0, is very affordable and much less than a Glock. There are a number of options less than a Glock. It is what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

USNRet93

The level playing field is the market. Right now the M&P in 40SW, 1.0 and 2.0, is very affordable and much less than a Glock. There are a number of options less than a Glock. It is what it is.

GunBroker, the market and sure, not a lot will sell for this but the M&P 40 listed from $319 to $519..All I'm saying that the 'price' ought to be some 'standard' is all..like 'factory' MSRP..even if it isn't accurate. Plenty of new G23 in the $400 range.....

TunnelRat

GunBroker, the market and sure, not a lot will sell for this but the M&P 40 listed from $319 to $519..All I'm saying that the 'price' ought to be some 'standard' is all..like 'factory' MSRP..even if it isn't accurate. Plenty of new G23 in the $400 range.....
MSRP isn't market price, which is a good thing. As the consumer I care about what I can buy the product for currently. There are cheaper firearms. That's the reality. Arguing against that fact is ridiculous frankly.

USNRet93

MSRP isn't market price, which is a good thing. As the consumer I care about what I can buy the product for currently. There are cheaper firearms. That's the reality. Arguing against that fact is ridiculous frankly.

Gee, not really 'arguing', sorry you take it that way.

http://thereloadingzone.com/shop/fi...s/smith-and-wesson-mp40-m2-0-compact-40-sw-2/

http://thereloadingzone.com/shop/firearms/hand-guns/glock-hand-guns/glock-g23-g4-40-sw/

Right now the M&P in 40SW, 1.0 and 2.0, is very affordable and much less than a Glock.

TunnelRat

So you found a place where it costs more despite numerous places where it costs less and you then compare it to one of the cheaper prices on a Glock. Seems fair.

You know what I hate about Glocks? The fanboys.

USNRet93

So you found a place where it costs more despite numerous places where it costs less and you then compare it to one of the cheaper prices on a Glock. Seems fair.

You know what I hate about Glocks? The fanboys.

That was pleasant, I don't like MOPAR either:p..out...

Last edited:

TunnelRat

My opinion isn't always pleasant.

I think Glocks are reliable firearms, typically more accurate than people credit them for, and the size and weight for the capacity is often, even to this day, better than the competition. These are some reasons why I carry and trust my life to them. But what I see on this forum and other forums are people that own Glocks start regarding them as the penultimate choice. Then when someone points out that even in some small way a competitor might be better, be it ergonomics, cost, etc, those people go to, in my mind, seemingly ludicrous lengths to defend an inanimate object. And I find this tiring. Now this phenomenon exists with other brands as well, undoubtedly, but it certainly seems to happen with Glocks. It's not all users, and certainly part of it is just good old fashioned discussion, but in my mind it gets to a point of mania in some instances. And yes, I don't like it. Seeing as this is an opinion thread, that's my opinion.

totaldla

USNRet93 said:
Apples to Apples please..

I gave you real prices from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore - the best low-cost online outlet I've used. The fact is that S&W beats Glock by $200 for identical pistol.

And that is my gripe about Glock - they're too expensive for what they are.

I bought my first Glock in 1992, and I think it was less than $300 (but my memory is foggy). At the time, they had no competition. Times have changed.

USNRet93

My opinion isn't always pleasant

Ok but gee, you really ‘hate’ me(admitted Glock fanboy)? I donno, ‘hate’ is such a big word. I only, truely ‘hate’ 2 people, one was my ex biz partner who lied and stole from me. I don’t even ‘hate’ you mr TR...

Glenn E. Meyer

Well, when we are discussing who is pleasant - that's time for the close.

Bye all - it's been fun and we will probably have another one of these in a few weeks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.