What I Don't Like About Glock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blchandl2

I don't see anything offensive with the "tool not a trophy" statement. I have a Glock and I guess I consider it a tool. I know it will work if and when called upon. I have some guns I consider trophies although not everyone would. Some have sentimental value, some just have unique features I enjoy. Some I shoot, some I don't.

To each, his own. Isn't that what freedom is about?

tipoc

From 1971. Qualifying with the Model 15 S&W Camp Bullis, Tx.

The tears of wheelgunners fall like morning dew. Replaced by a Sig.

tipoc

osbornk

I don't think there is another make of handgun that generates the hatred and negativity displayed toward the Glocks. I don't understand the need to tell us about your animosity toward them.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T BUY ONE!

Dave
I don't think Glock has nearly as many haters as Taurus. A few deserve the hate but the great majority don't and they cost less than half of the cost of a Glock.

Glenn E. Meyer

Because the staff thinks this thread is amusing. Or at least I do.

It is a wonderful mixture of true expertise, virtue signaling, Dunning-Kruger effect and other assorted reasons for posting.

There are several thread topics like this:

1. I hate training and those who train
2. 5 is enough and I hate those who carry more
3. If you don't carry a 45 (but this one has faded a touch)
4. The Earth is flat

Enjoy and please post any new insights you might have into why you can't shoot a Glock because of the grip, the mechanism is unsafe, you are unsafe without a safety, it's ugly, it's plastic, or whatever.

tipoc

Glocks are remarkably popular in the U.S. it's a fact and a fact for a lot of good reasons.

That also means that it's allright for folks who don't like 'em to calmly state why. I joke about Golcks but I've owned 5, and sold or traded them away, and will likely get more.

tipoc

totaldla

The price. I think Glocks are over-priced.

Recently I was looking for a truck gun and my preference is the G23. But I couldn't find anything except police tradeins for less than $500 (The trade-ins were running ~$350). Ended up getting a brand new M&P40 2.0 compact for $299.

Rangers13

The price. I think Glocks are over-priced.

Recently I was looking for a truck gun and my preference is the G23. But I couldn't find anything except police tradeins for less than $500 (The trade-ins were running ~$350). Ended up getting a brand new M&P40 2.0 compact for $299.

You should have looked on gun broker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road_Clam

Does anyone feel better now that we have 350+ posts arguing opinions over a brand of handgun ?

If you must ask, yes I do own a G22 . Is it my most loved ? No, but it's my wife's favorite and it in NO way deserves to be hate bashed.

GarandTd

I don't own a Glock so I'm pretty much neutral, but there are plenty of opinions floating around about High Point, Taurus, Turkish guns, etc, etc, etc.... Why should Glock be immune?

BBarn

I find it interesting that many shooters dislike various things about Glocks, while at the same time nearly every manufacturer produces pistols that share many of the same design features and characteristics. And those pistols represent a huge slice of the handgun market.

Skans

No, but it's my wife's favorite and it in NO way deserves to be hate bashed.
If you read my OP (yes, I'm the one who started this thread), I had no intention of making this a "bash Glock" thread. I too own a Glock 17 - have had it for about 25 years. I started this thread in response to a thread that got closed about Glocks - the premise of that thread was along the line that Glocks are perfect and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Glocks are perfect for some people. They are good quality guns. But, Glock just doesn't work for me, and I explained why. But, by no means did I intend this thread to be a Glock bashing thread at all.

Laz

Glocks certainly give rise to many opinions and seem to generate their own publicity. And people buy them. And buy them. And buy them some more.

Tallest

Human nature is fascinating. We put so much energy into our differences that we don't see them for the natural asset they are. Not only (in the US at least) are we free to own and carry and collect hand guns, we can choose from a vast assortment. Each item available is a reflection of a different purpose, or a different taste, or a different inspiration, or a different era.

Then take each of us: We're all different from the genetics what wrote our design up through the multi-quintillion possible sets of combined experiences that have shaped our lives perspectives.

But somehow we repeatedly arrive at conclusions like:
"I'm right!"
"You're wrong."
"You can't see the big picture."
"I'm more qualified to know that than you are!"
"Your way is doomed to failure!"

Let's just be glad that we have so much to chose from. Variety is spicy! And, I might add, that if everyone wanted a colt 1911 Gov. in 45 ACP, We'd probably have waiting lists past our expiration dates.

And FWIW, none of the above is intended as to impugn this thread. We can certainly discuss our vast selection of opinions and their origins. But the vitriol that surfaces from time to time... good grief! :rolleyes:

I personally love all my Glocks and look no further for a semi auto pistol platform. Not that it would bother me to own a 1911. ;)

osbornk

Glocks certainly give rise to many opinions and seem to generate their own publicity. And people buy them. And buy them. And buy them some more.
I think the popularity is a lot like the popularity of IBM in the early days if computers. Like Glock, the IBM computers were reliable but more expensive than much of the competition. It was said that IBMs were recommended because "nobody ever got fired for recommending IBM".

Several years ago when I first got interested in handguns, I asked a FBI agent friend what I should buy. Without hesitation, he recommended Glock but due to the cost, I bought a remarkably similar S&W for half the price of a Glock.

TunnelRat

I think the popularity is a lot like the popularity of IBM in the early days if computers. Like Glock, the IBM computers were reliable but more expensive than much of the competition. It was said that IBMs were recommended because "nobody ever got fired for recommending IBM".

Several years ago when I first got interested in handguns, I asked a FBI agent friend what I should buy. Without hesitation, he recommended Glock but due to the cost, I bought a remarkably similar S&W for half the price of a Glock.
If you're buying a brand new S&W for half the price of a Glock then you're looking at an overpriced Glock or a very cheap S&W. There is a significant cost difference in many cases between them online, but usually not that much. Still, I do wonder if Glock will ever lower its prices. To some extent I guess they don't need to as they keep making sales, but would they make more at a lower price? I also wonder if it isn't possible to lower a price so much as to make someone think the product is cheap rather than inexpensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.