The Quarterly "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hartcreek

Smaller community.

I called a gunstore in a rural community on the way to the family cabin. Less then twenty miles from where I live I could have bought everything off the shelves with no limits. Dont worry I left some powder I only bought four pounds of rifle powder but I could have cleaned the shelf.

For some reason this rural gunshop is getting powder on a weekly basis so I suggest you folks in fringe areas check out the shops closer to the sticks......it could well be that the city folks are not giving them as much pressure.

It was a quick twenty minute ride on my Triumph and I will probably be making that ride more often.

Joe_Pike

I stopped by the Bass Pro mother ship today around 3:00 for kicks and there was, as expected, no .22lr. A couple of hours later I was going by that location again and decided to go in again just for kicks. JACKPOT! I picked up five 50 round boxes of blazer .22lr, two 100 boxes of CCI Mini Mags and one 555 round brick of Winchester .22lr. It was roughly $59 plus tax. A little higher than I'm used to , but I'm not complaining.:D

riverratt

think i struck gold or pehaps fools gold

Stoped in at bass pro today and found LOTS of .22s, im talking over 30 bricks and cases of various CCI 100 round "sleeves". I talked to the girl behind the counter and she said that they are getting regular large shipments of ammo the past few weeks.

Are things starting to look up elseware or is this just another localizes calm before the storm? I m not a hoarder, and i dont shoot that many .22 but i like to have them when i want them so do you think i should stock up wile i can?

Joe_Pike

In today's world I never pass up .22 if it's a reasonable price. They limit you anyway, so, it's not that much money at one time.

surveyor

Gun show today...
H 335 powder was $26/lb :)

No pistol powder..
Primers were 35/k

Geco dynamit nobel 22 lr semi auto was 60/ brick
Hopefully it will be as good as wolf match/sk standard.
I'll try it for the price as I'm about out of sk..

Glenn E. Meyer

Gun show - every gun reasonably you could want. Starting to see Glock 42s around for $399. Ammo is there except for folks still selling the $69 22 LR brick.

Academy is loaded with ammo except for 22 LR. Same old story on that.

motorhead0922

No 9mm at Walmart last Saturday except for JHP.

Academy had plenty of Monarch brass 9mm for $15.99 (yeah, a bit high) and some Tulammo at $10.99. I bought 2 boxes of each.

guruatbol

Well I found a brick of 22 in Beaver UT this morning but I had to but this to get 'em.

Mel

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407185149774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407185149774.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 26

Mosin-Marauder

Found a box of this Remington/ Eley match grade stuff. It cost $13 but if it is match grade and shoots well, I think it's worth it. On another note, it was the last and only box of .22 they had.

Eazyeach

Lucky week

Got a brick of federal 22 LR at my LGS on Saturday. And today I stopped at Cabela's to get a couple of mags for my SW M&P 15-22 and they had a whole shelf of various 22 LR. So I bought a brick of Remington. I'll quit buying for awhile now so other shooters can get theirs.

jasmith85

Cabelas website had 500 round boxes of Winchester 22lr earlier. First time I've seen anything more than 100 round boxes on their site in months.

motorhead0922

easteach said:
Got a brick of federal 22 LR at my LGS on Saturday. And today I stopped at Cabela's to get a couple of mags for my SW M&P 15-22 and they had a whole shelf of various 22 LR. So I bought a brick of Remington. I'll quit buying for awhile now so other shooters can get theirs.

jasmith85 said:
Cabelas website had 500 round boxes of Winchester 22lr earlier. First time I've seen anything more than 100 round boxes on their site in months.

How much did the bricks cost? It doesn't help if it's still overpriced.

jasmith85

How much did the bricks cost? It doesn't help if it's still overpriced.

I believe the Winchester bricks that I saw earlier were $27.99. The website is also currently showing 500 round boxes of Remington Thunderbolt for $25.99. When you click on them it is already saying out of stock though.

Eazyeach

I don't buy stuff that is way over-priced. Got the federal for $29.95 and the Remington was $24.99. Not like the good ole days but not too bad either. Saw 500 rds of thunderbolt on ctd for $119!!! Ya gotta be kidding me

sfwusc

I am just afraid the price is going to equalize around 10 cent around. Which is going to make me think about bulk vs target. I think target is a better value at say 12 cents around vs bulk at 10 cents.

I mean say it is 2016 and we still can't find .22lr on the shelf at 8cents a round or cheaper.... at what point do we say there is a new fair price?

It won't stabilize at .08 cents a round or more without inflation coming into play. Manufacturers will add capacity. There are some rimfire line expansions in the works now. It is just a waiting game.

Working a boatload of overtime this week. Should finally put my expendable income account far enough into the red to pick up a PCP rifle. As long as nothing catches my eye in the meantime...

StukaJU87

I have no trouble finding 22lr ammo. The trouble I have is finding it at a reasonable price.

I shake my head and walk away eveytime I see 22lr being advertised as "on sale" for $.10 or more per round. That's not a sale!

I refuse to pay more for plinking ammo. Why people willingly pay more is beyond me. I just don't understand. :confused:

Last edited:
Scored AR-Comp!

Last Friday I stopped by my LGS and asked him to order 8 lbs of AR-Comp. He said he would, but that he hadn't been able to get any powder in for months.

Fast forward to this evening -- He called to say he'd gotten in my 8-lb keg of AR-Comp, but he'd have to charge me $155.00 for it. :D:D:D

'Bout broke my arm getting to my checkbook. Had been following one dealer on Gunbroker who had an 8-lb keg up for auction with a buy-it-now price of $300.00! :mad: I'd bid $150 for it, which met his minimum. Hope now I get outbid! If not, I'll have about two years supply of the stuff, which, I guess, will get me past the drought! :cool::p

Skans

Looks like ammo's back. I check my local Walmarts - plenty of cheap 9mm. LGS and Gander - tons of everything on the floor. Not much .22LR yet, but I'm sure that's just around the corner. I'm going to laugh my butt off when all of the Walmart ammo snipers get stuck with their crappy ammo. If I were them, I'd dump all of this ammo for whatever I could get for it. They better do it fast, before others catch on, otherwise they will be the guy sitting at the gunshow table with a bunch of obviously-sniped-walmart-ammo crying about how no one is buying anything at gun shows anymore.:D:D:D

Skans,
I would agree, but that has been the situation with ammo in my area for probably 6 months. Maybe more. I am surprised 22lr is still lagging behind and I am worried this shortage may be relatively permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.