The Quarterly "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgerwin11

I could not figure out how to reply directly to a post, so this is in reply to post #31.

If that post was directed at me, so be it. I called myself checking several sources and I do not believe I was gouged. I hardly call 450 rounds hoarding. I have a "range" right behind the house so I may be able to shoot more frequently than many. And since WalMarts near me do not carry enough to meet demand, online is my best bet. To get to the nearest Dick's, BassPro or Gander MTN will cost me at least 4 gallons of gas, the shipping charges are not so bad. But I will buy 2 or 3 boxes at a time to cut down the per round shipping cost.

4runnerman

I just managed to get my hands on 8 lbs of RL-15 2 weeks ago. Has been forever since I saw that stuff. Got 8 lbs of Varget I will be picking up today.
Primers are in stock all over around here,but Key bullets, ( 30 cal,6MM,and the heavier 22Cal ) are still a tough find. Brass is still no where to be found. My favorite store now started getting once fired brass in just the help customers out. It's processed military brass of all different head stamps.

Closing The Gap

Was in a local Wallyworld picking up some 5.56 and .223 and no surprise they had every caliber except .22 this evening. However, I was informed by the employee that at least this particular store(possibly all stores locally) dropped their 3 box limit on all calibers except .22lr. Needless to say I was able to get my fill of 5.56/.223 without having to hit several other stores on this trip around town.

I'll have to check the other stores policies to verify though.

JimDandy

My local Walmart had a little of just about every sort of ammo I could think to look for except 22LR, and I can get my fill of that at the local range at an unfortunate 10 cents a round cost.

We still don't have powder out here, but we do have bullets, brass, and primers. Our bullet shortage didn't last long at all. I've been kicking around the idea lately of offering to mail bullets from here to someone over on the East Coast that has RL-15 in stock.

6.5swedeforelk

As a rule, costs are higher north of the 49th, but it appears that we have unlimited supply & prices are not bad either.

Attachments

• 20140515_182014.jpg
    20140515_182014.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 36
Hodgdon Titegroup & others

This is my first time posting but I am no stranger to the struggle of finding worthwhile powders at a decent cost. I've read a few threads of people who can't seem to find certain powders that they need for their loads and last week I actually stumbled upon a website which had some Titegroup available for sell. I felt like it was some sort of cruel joke at first but sure enough, I ordered some and had a tracking number the next day. Less than a week later, it was in my uniflow. They seem to stagger when they have the Titegroup and CFE Pistol & 223 in stock (usually have some in for a day or two every week, I assume it gets sold out fairly quickly) but I have seen in on the site intermittently for the past few weeks. They are out right now but according to their customer service guy, there is more on the way for next week. Right now they have some IMR 4064, 4756 and some Lever evolution. Being new to the forums, I thought this thread could be a worthwhile contribution to you folks. To see all the powders, go to "reloading" then "powders". They also seem to have some decent primers in stock as well. :D

http://www.tigeroutfitters.com

Glenn E. Meyer

The local Bass Pro had loads of 9mm and 45 ACP at a good price.

The guys say that they get lots of 22 but the early morning patrol snatches it up for God only knows why.

ejr490

Stuff has started showing up in my area in NJ, but you can still only buy two boxes of center fire at a time. 22lr, I can get 200 rounds and sometimes a brick, powder and primers are getting better too.

Ed

StukaJU87

Call me jaded but I've become so disgusted with the ridiculously inflated prices that I refuse to report any ammo sightings unless they are pre-panic prices.

Why should I provide free advertisement for companies that won't lower their prices, even though their shelves are well stocked?

$25/50 ACP?
$20/50 9mm?
$25/20 308?
$50/50 45 Colt?
$50/500 22lr?
$9/20 Russian 7.62x39?

Umm... NO!!
Anyone paying close to those prices should be tarred, feathered, and run out of town!

The stock is returning but prices won't until people wise up.

Tucker 1371

In Knox and Blount County TN I haven't see any .22lr on the shelves in 6 months or so, same story everywhere I go. .308, 5.56, 7.62x39, 9mm, .40, and .45 are all readily available in large quantities. .38 Spl can be a little tough to find but it pops up from time to time.

Closing The Gap

All of the 5.56/.223 at the wallyworlds in my area have dropped in price significantly today. Example the federal 420rd 5.56 in the green ammo can was $199 yesterday and today it's $179. It looks like they're ready to start moving the stuff that isn't selling. Which should be another good sign that the end of the madness is close.

doc540

FINALLY - Plenty of .22

I run 40gr roundnose MiniMags in my match gun, Marvel 1911 conversion kit, and in my training guns. So, I shoot a lot of it.

By getting to Academy and Gander for months two hours before the doors open and by swapping and trading other bulk .22 ammo, I'm finally stocked up to where I was two years ago when CCI MiniMags were plentiful.

And it feels good. I shot 100rnds today at the range.

3800 rnds
c64fbf9b-4792-48a8-9aaf-8ae9b8fb11c3_zps393b2e9d.jpg

StukaJU87

Rural King has Fiocchi 45 Colt 250gr for $29.99/50 plus another 10% off right now. Not bad for cowboy loads.

Their shelves were well stocked on all calibers. Their prices are still a little high but a lot lower then most of the prices I see posted here. Plus the fact that I went to a local gun show and a guy was selling ammo at "Walmart" prices, (308 Win for $16.99/20 instead of the $23.99 I usually see), leads me to believe that there just might be some light at the end of this long and dark tunnel.

jasmith85

My local Walmart is very similar to a lot of other people's. They have pretty much everything in stock but 22lr. I've seen 22lr in stock there once since the end of 2012.

navajoRN

.22 shorts in!

Stopped by my LGS to do a firearm transfer/FFL and lo and behold they had a shipment of .22 shorts in!!! I snatched up only 4 boxes at $13 each because that's all I could afford at the time. They really do still exist! They really are out there!

navajoRN

.22 shorts and more

I saw an online ad in the sidebar on the Colt/1911/S&W Forum (can't remember which one as I was on all three last night) for a place called Alamo Ammo out of Texas. They have a boatload of .22LR and shorts for a good price.

Ted D

When you travel 3000 miles

I live in ohio traveled to Az. to visit my parents. While I was there I went to local gun shops I couldn't find any .22lr or any powder. This sucks. Seems like the only way to get ammo is if you buy a gun. I feel like I'm at the point to stock up and buy arrows and broadheads for my bow.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.