New forum closer to reality

Kentucky Rifle

This is all I need for Christmas!

I kinda agree with "Schuey 2002". ~Oleg, whatever you decide will be fine with me. I'm deeply grateful for your efforts. (And speed wow, THAT is something!!)

Coronach also makes a good point. If everyone keeps the same user name, some confusion might be avoided. I KNOW that I want everyone to remember the ol' "Kentucky Rifle"!

Right now I can truthfully say that this man is positively thrilled! An early and wonderful Christmas gift. What could be better?! :)
I admit that I haven't read all 60+ posts on this thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. (I'm WAY TOO EXCITED to read much!) *However, I do hope Rich will join as a regular member too. I realize the temptation to send him e-mails will be great, however I think it should be avoided at all costs. After all, he doesn't need or have time to deal with the pressure. The new Firing Line would benefit from Rich as a regular member. Just posting when he feels like it. Ya' know what I mean?

Kentucky Rifle

ENC

** dancing in big circle.....bumps head on wall**

Just tell me where to go when the time comes Please

Seeker...

"pistol caliber = pistol forum sounds right."

I'm confused...

Where would I discuss my Marlin Camp Carbine in 9mm then? :D

TallPine

Where would I discuss my Marlin Camp Carbine in 9mm then?
Yeah, and how about a Model 1894 in 45 colt?

I guess that would be in "cowboy and black powder" ...?

Heck, just make it simple and have two forums: "Guns" and "Other Stuff" :D

JM at Work

Sig Lines

Not sure I can limit long tag-lines, but we can request self-control in that area.

How about having the signatures turned off by default, so you have to make a decision to add it? A little thing, but I've always suspected that (some) people have their sig on each and every post because they can't bother to unclick the option, or don't care about posting a sig that it six times the size of the actual content of their post!

-Jorah

oops

Being misdirected last night was kind of like being in the Twilight Zone. The light at the end of the tunnel was so bright and then I was sucked back here!

Are those of us who registered there last night going to hold some exalted status?

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
Old registrations didn't survive.

Forum is in testing, close to prime time.

Once DNS propagation happens and we get software ready...by Christmas.

It will be GOOD.