My NEW Beretta 92s

LockedBreech

Thanks WVSig and AustinTX, I didn't even know custom grips were a thing. Who does them that's reputable? Do I like...send an email to Hogue? Money isn't a huge issue as long as it's not totally insane.

AustinTX

LB, I wish I knew more, but I'll have to hope WVSig can give you the specifics. I've heard of people doing this, but I don't really know anything at all about getting custom grips made.

AustinTX

Very cool. Hadn't seen that site before. Here's a pair in uncheckered cocobolo. I'm sure he could make any of the FS grips in S form as well.

92Scocobolo.jpg

TxFlyFish

Those older berettas sure are pretty. I tried to run the serial thru beretta but didn't come up with anything...but that's usually the case with older Italian ones

madmo44mag

I got to shoot mine this Sunday.
I had installed the 16lb hammer spring which made the DA pull much smoother and nicer.
The pistol shot like a dream.
No issues what so ever.
My only complaint is the sights.
They are just small and the front blade is easily lost in low light.
Due to the design I don't see where much can be done about installing a larger front blade. The rear sight could be updated but not sure if it would not be cost prohibitive.
I will put a bit of white paint on it and see if that improves sight quality.

joe-lumber

New 92S

I went to a gun show in Houston Sunday and there was one dealer that had a new looking 92S. He claimed it was unfired and it appeared as so. The dealer wanted $700 for it and I didn't even offer a counter price. After paying $300 for mine that shoots good but not as new with holster wear I might have offered $400 for his. I don't think he will sell it for $700 since the new ones 92FS were selling for $599+ he was way overpriced.

Ibmikey

Joe, my first 92 from PSA was in new / unfired condition...luck of the draw and $289. I ordered a second and will pick it up tomorrow $259 from PSA, I do not expect to get another new one but your $700 guy is nuts! I am not a true Beretta fan but at $259 it was hard not to buy.

Clark

In Dec 2007 century was selling Beretta 92S police trade ins for $240. The FFL transfer was $15.
I was contracting at an aerospace company. I got a bunch of other engineers to go in on shipping.

Then century ran out of magazines and sold the pistols cheaper. We got more because I said I could modify 92F mags.

I bought a bunch of 92FS type magazines.
When I tried to mill them, I found out they are made of hardened steel, and I had to use a carbide end mill.

attachment.php

Ibmikey

Received my second Beretta from PSA this morning, although not unfired like the first it is a solid 98% pistol. PSA has my vote for " Good Guys " of the year award, the pistol was shipped three days after order was placed.

Ibmikey

WV, my second pistol is s/n 27851 and has the same markings as yours except the "PW" is missing. Internally there is no wear except slight slide travel on the frame and externally it shows slight holster wear. Maybe they did not issue this guy a bullet to shoot ?