My NEW Beretta 92s

madmo44mag

SOG had these advertised for $295.00.
These are military police returns.
I received mine the other day and it may be a return but it is in NEW condition.
Can't wait for a trip to the range.

Attachments

• IMG_1158a.JPG
    IMG_1158a.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 8,044
  • IMG_1146b.JPG
    IMG_1146b.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1147c.JPG
    IMG_1147c.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 465

lamarw

Congrats, Beretta makes a great pistol, and tons of parts available for the 92.
Not sure of the availability of the magazines with the heal release. Hey, with the money you saved you can pay a little more for a few mags. :)

WVsig

Sog has some of the better guns from this import. Looks to be in NIB or at least LNIB condition. What did SOG hit you for shipping?

madmo44mag

Midway has mags with both cutouts for $19.95
I ordered a couple yesterday.

Turn key cost including shipping and transfer was $345.45

It did come in a new Beretta box.
I suspect they were returned to Beretta and Beretta whole sale them to exporters.

WVsig

Outstanding deal and you are correct that Midway has mags for $19. The guns were returned to Beretta and went throught the Italian factory. They were then sold to PW Arms who imported them. They then wholesaled them to people like SOG, Top Gun, Palmetto etc...

Last edited:

Cyanide971

Congrats, nice pick up! Even though I predominantly own other brands nowadays, I miss my old Berettas. Maybe that explains why I snagged up an old 8000D Cougar a couple weeks ago and may pull the trigger on another Beretta in the near future [emoji1]

Now time to get to the range and do like everyone else enjoying their new purchases!!!

ninjarealist

I ordered one today from a different dealer. Just got the shipment confirmation.

Seeing these pictures is encouraging. $350 seems like a steal for a gun like this.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Eazyeach

What's the difference between that 92 and the typical M9/92 FS? I love my 92 fs compact inox and at that price maybe I'll get her a friend to sit beside in the safe.

carguychris

Eazyeach said:
What's the difference between that 92 and the typical M9/92 FS?
Compared to the 92S in the pictures, the current 92FS has an improved locking block, a flared rather than straight grip frontstrap, the mag release button at the trigger guard rather than the heel of the grip, different sights, and an enlarged hammer axis pin intended to prevent the rear half of the slide from flying off the gun if the slide breaks. (The latter scenario is exceedingly rare, but has been beaten to death on the Interwebz. :rolleyes: )

Additionally, the 92S has a rounded trigger guard, whereas most 92FS/M9 variants- but not all of them!- have a squared-off trigger guard.

Be aware that the heel mag release requires a notch near the RH base of the mag. Many Beretta factory and Mec-Gar mags have the requisite notch, but other types of mags don't.

Last edited:

AustinTX

Beyond what carguychris said, it's worth being aware that there are many differences you won't be able to see with the naked eye. These guns were made from 1978-82. Aluminum alloy metallurgy for firearms, among other things, has come a long, long way since that time. Today's 92 series guns will be far more durable than an old 92/92S/92SB. Guns with aluminum alloy frames in those days -- from Beretta, Sig, S&W -- cracked frames at what today would be regarded as low round counts.

These guns, however, are beautiful and they exhibit great craftsmanship and quality given the materials and associated knowledge available at that time. I wouldn't hesitate to grab one. Swap out the old locking block for a new one. But just don't expect it to stand up to many tens of thousands of rounds of use. That said, it's unlikely that most of us would ever shoot one enough to wear it out.

LockedBreech

Just ordered one last night and it shipped this morning. Mine is literally new in box, unissued, unfired. I got it for $319. I'm extremely happy.

In other news, factory-new Brigadiers are currently in stock at Bud's for around $700. If I had not JUST bought the 92S, I'd put one on layaway.

Good time to be a Beretta fan. That's a nice pistol you got there, OP. :)

WVsig

AustinTX hit the nail on the head. This might not be a 30,000 round duty gun but it is a nice piece of Italian Beretta craftsmanship that is hard to find in today world of tactical plastic.

For a range gun that gives you a 92 series gun at a budget price I think they are worth the asking price.

Last edited:

LockedBreech

Happily, I already have a 2013-production 92FS with all the latest design advances to be my regular shooter/service gun. I think my 92S will be a low-count Beretta nut's toy.

madmo44mag

I figured the Beretta could take the place of the S&W 908 I had that was to small for my hand. I traded the S&W off with a 1,000 of ammo, paddle holster for a NIB Ruger SR40c.
The 92s will be a range gun and with the number of pistols an calibers I shoot it may get shot 4 - 6 times a year.

WVsig

I figured the Beretta could take the place of the S&W 908 I had that was to small for my hand. I traded the S&W off with a 1,000 of ammo, paddle holster for a NIB Ruger SR40c.
The 92s will be a range gun and with the number of pistols an calibers I shoot it may get shot 4 - 6 times a year.

Awesome we are all eagerly awaiting a range report!

amd6547

No one is sure, yet, when these pistols were manufactured. On Beretta forum, there are photos of one of these 92S' with a 2004 date code.