Hardest hitting, smallest concealment gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevens

Mine's a G29, 10mm.
I'll admit up front that I can't double tap it accurately. I can't rip through a mag and keep it on target like I can with a full size 9mm.

But it doesn't recoil so much that it bothers me physically, nor does the shock and blast. (in near total darkness, I'm sure it would blind me and the entire county) And I can most certainly shoot it accurately... aided quite a bit by the Pearce grip extensions installed on my magazines.

I can carry it all day and I can shoot it well... and I can shoot it all day long without hurting or tiring. What I can't do with it well is to send many follow-up shots quickly AND accurately.

Small is relative. Power is relative also. It's fatter than most, smaller than some, and just about as/more powerful as most of what's being carried by anyone.

Jim243

Generally the base line is a 38 spl, 380 is too small to take down a BG and 9mm while it would do the job is hard to control in a small frame pistol. Both the 380 and 9 mm are 9mm bullets but with different amounts of power.

9 mm is fine in a 4 or 5 inch barrel but losses a lot of velocity in a 2 inch barrel. (smallest sized gun)

So my recommendation would be a Ruger LCR loaded with 38 spl +p

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCR/index.html

Have fun
Jim

MosinM38

I don't OWN one, but I've held one and it seemed good.

Kel-tec P11.

Really there are alot of small 9MMs or .40's out there that are extremely small.

DryGulch

Bond Arms Cowboy Defender 357 magnum using Buffalo Bore Heavy 357 mag. 158 gr. J.H.C.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• CD.jpg
    CD.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,617
  • 357buffbore158gr26.49.jpg
    357buffbore158gr26.49.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,614

Elvishead

Smallest, and hardest hitting.

That's a tuff one for me, but it depends on how much your willing to take a compromise on one or the other.

I decides after long on hard, small and hard hitting enough, and finally decided on a S&W Airweight revolver .38spl +P snubby, and I haven't looked back.

But they (S&W) do a the same size gun in .357mag/.38spl also called an Airlight.

guntotin_fool

Charter Arms bulldog in .44 special has a lot of thump in a small gun. 6/45 para's are prettygood too. I have shot a few custom guns that were pretty stout as well. A SAA store keeper model with a birdshead grip is very compact but very authoritative in its bark.

gb6491

If I were to ask for a recommendation on a gun that would provide the hardest hitting caliber but in the smallest sized gun for easy concealment, what gun caliber and model would you recommend?
Without hesitation, the Glock 27 would be my recommendation.
Regards,
Greg

tomgun

IMO

If I were to ask for a recommendation on a gun that would provide the hardest hitting caliber but in the smallest sized gun for easy concealment, what gun caliber and model would you recommend?

airlight s&w,pd 340...less than a lb in .357

ezypikns

I've got a Kahr PM9.

Semi random comments:

It is a 9mm.

After a break in period (pretty frustrating) of 200 rds. or so, it's been 100% reliable.

Even with standard factory ammo, it's got some controllability issues. I added something called an "A-Grip" (adhesive wrap covering) which helps a bunch. Also replaced the mag floorplates with Pearce grip extenders.

I pocket carry it in a DeSantis Nemisis holster. Jeans, shorts, Dockers , slacks, it conceals just fine. You can take it places you might not take another pistol.

6 in the magazine, one in the chamber. They do come with a slightly higher cap mag, but they stick out like a sore thumb.

It takes great concentration to get acceptable accuracy, say, all shots in a
4" target at 7 yards.

It wasn't cheap.

These have been my experiences.

hdawson228

Ezy is right. My Kahr CW9 literally disappears when carrying. I had no hiccups in my 200 rd breakin nor after. The gun has functioned perfectly.
Acceptable accuracy = lethality at SD distances. Not designed as a range gun. Because of my aging eyes, I'm adding the Crimson Trace laser this wk.:cool:

CANIS

AMT Backup .45 - 5.7" long, 1" wide, 4.1" tall. Small enough to pocket carry 5+1 .45acp - if you get one that is reliable, it is a great gun.

I also have a .44 magnum Bond Arms Derringer. 1100 fps out of my gun with 240 grain JSP rounds. - a real thumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.