Hardest hitting, smallest concealment gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

insman1132

If I were to ask for a recommendation on a gun that would provide the hardest hitting caliber but in the smallest sized gun for easy concealment, what gun caliber and model would you recommend?

ChicagoTex

Rohrbaugh R9 is top of the heap for power-size.

followed closely (and for a lot less money) by the Kahr PM9

both are 9mms

Soon someone will say Kel-Tec P11, ignore them - a defensive pistol isn't good for much if it doesn't work.

Try the Kel-Tec P-11.

HA! j/k I dont even own one, couldn't resist!

:D

I had a Khar CW40 that I was thrilled with after getting used to the trigger.

Last edited:

Van55

I'll second the Kahr PM9 -- provided you don't get one of the too many defective ones they turn out.

Uncle Malice

Your question is much too open ended to recieve any kind of valuable answer.

A Kel-Tec PF-9 is a very small, thin, single-stack 9mm.

A Glock 27 is slightly larger, .40 caliber, smooth, easily concealable gun.

Even still, there are 3" 1911 styles in a single-stack .45 acp that will provide a butt load of hard hitting force out of a very small package.

With some more detail, we could more easily give recommendations to add to your short list of guns to try.

1. What type of clothing do you wear day-in and day-out mostly?

2. How large of a person are you?

3. Do you have a preference in caliber/are you concerned about recoil force??

HeroHog

You can get a .357 magnum derringer that has only 2 shots or you can get a Kel-Tec P-11 and have 11 rounds of 9mm in a very slightly larger package. I chose the Kel-Tek. The guy dissing the P-11 is full of it. They are good reliable guns and are inexpensive.

PSP

If I were to ask for a recommendation on a gun that would provide the hardest hitting caliber but in the smallest sized gun for easy concealment, what gun caliber and model would you recommend?

Kahr PM40 or PM45 have to be the top of the list for small, light and concealable. I can't think of anything smaller in .40 or .45.

hdawson228

I have the Kahr CW9. Highly concealable and three different calibers. So very comfortable for carry and has been absolutely perfect out of the box. Great fit and finish even for Kahr's entry level gun. I'm adding the Crimson Trace laser this week.:cool: Trigger is long, smooth and clean break.

akr

Try the Kel-Tec P-11. I have that and a Seecamp and I wouldn't sell either one of them. My P-11 has always worked.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Very small guns in powerful calibers tend to be:

1. Hard to shoot accurately.
2. More prone to reliability & durability issues.

If you want something really small in a heavy caliber I would recommend doing a lot of research on what works and what doesn't. It would be best if you could shoot some of the guns you're interested in before buying.

old_ironsights

I doubt that you're serious about "the hardest hitting caliber but in the smallest sized gun for easy concealment", but here it is.

Make: Downsizer
Caliber: .45 ACP, .357 Magnum, .38 Special
Capacity: 1 rounds
Weight: 11 oz (312g)
Length: 3.25" (83 mm)
Width: 0.90" (23 mm)
Barrel: 2.10" (53 mm)

20349-1.jpg

akr

John is right. Even a 9mm is hard to shoot accurately in a very small gun....(even the P-11-LOL). They kick hard too. Ruger SP101 is the one.

HeroHog

I have the P-11 and bought a P3AT just because it is SO SMALL! It does hurt to shoot BUT, at 15 - 20 yards, I can hit a 6" circle fairly reliably. A pie-plate 100% of the time.

Ace_Breaker

My Walther PPS in .40 packs quite a bit of power in that small package. It's much thinner than a Glock 27, 30, and I think my 36. The Walther is also more accurate than any Glock sub-compact I've owned. I don't think there are many .40's on the market that are any smaller than the PPS in .40.

Status
Not open for further replies.