Don't mean to shock anyone...

shortwave

I was 51 when I got my first 'adult' plastic gun... a G22...

...my shooting shrink told me I was reverting back to my 'plastic dart gun' childhood days.

AZAK

Sticking my fingers in my ears and not listening. Those things are just a fad.
Tom, don't forget the crucial part, "Na, Na, Na, Na... I'm not listening to you... Na, Na, Na, Na..." Rinse and repeat.

TailGator

I took one look at it, pronounced it ugly, and opined that the owner would be out of luck in five years when the gun broke and the manufacturer was out of business.

Then, I went back to shooting my AMT Skipper...

Hey, Diogenes! Over here! Found one!

Glock may be a fad but AMT products are a farce.

I've not mentioned the CD because I can't stand them just as I can't stand the USP.

KyJim

Everybody should have a plastic pistol. It makes you appreciate old school revolvers and semi-autos even more. The other good thing about buying one is that it probably won't make you crave more, not like buying a nice old K-frame or a good 1911. They're like potato chips. :)

BGutzman

Is is snowing in that warm place where the devil is supposed to live? or maybe it just froze over... I must be trapped in one of those twilight zone tv shows.....

SPEMack618

See, that's what I think I did right. I got my Glock, but I got one that wasn't all that fun to shoot, so now I sit around lusting after a Model 19. Or a GP-100.

Glock may be a fad but AMT products are a farce.
No way, man! Once I'd had the barrel throated and I'd replaced the mag springs, the gun would feed 230gr ball just fine. Extractors are fragile parts, and one breaking within 700 rounds is absolutely normal. I know; I owned a Double Eagle that did the same thing, and that's a Colt. They've never had problems!

In fact, sir...in fact...

Um. Kinda making your case for you, aren't I? :p

Winchester_73

I think its ok to have a glock, one glock. I have a glock 19 and I prefer the same guns as you Mike, but its such an iconic firearm, that its ok to have an example of one.

Kind of like the SAA fan from 1911 - should I really buy a 1911, I don't like the idea of this...

Webleymkv

If you absolutely must fall in with the Glock Disciples, at least get one in the conneseur's cartridge: 10mm Auto. That way, you'll at least stand out somewhat amongst the legions robotically marching with their 9mm's, .40's, and .45's chanting "perfection, perfection" in the same monotone rhythm.

Better yet, take a couple of acetomeniphen to help that high fever subside so that you can come back to your senses:p

Looks like this may be on hold for awhile. Mason's annual paw rotation, drool change, and other servicing was far more expensive than I anticipated it would be.

animal

Once again, a dog saves his master.

When the spare change level is high enough again to get a Glock, the dog deserves a new shotgun. :D

RC20

Yes he did, its keeping you from the dark side!

Looks like this may be on hold for awhile. Mason's annual paw rotation, drool change, and other servicing was far more expensive than I anticipated it would be.

Once again proving that a dog is a mans best friend!

animal

Yep Mike, Your soul is worth much more than money.

The wife saved me from buying a Ducati once. It hurts for awhile but I appreciate the Harley more now… Thanks to her removing cash from toy fund at the right time.:rolleyes:

still want a ducati tho

Microgunner

And another lemming joins the hoard. sigh.
I guess if BANG is all you require then Glocks will serve very well.
Keep it away from your wheel guns so as to avoid Tennifer poisoning. :D