Don't mean to shock anyone...

The only other person in my house is my dog and he prefers shotguns.

And yes Mal I remember that. I still laugh about it. :)

*NOVA*

Go Ahead - Get Yer Glock!

First Glock and first 10mm caliber - I got the Glock 29SF. You say it will pretty much be a range toy, then who can blame you for wanting to get one?

I like how there are so many after-market products for Glocks - I upgraded mine with Pearson grip extensions for the 10 round mags and a Lone Wolf 4.5 inch ported barrel.

I admit I'm still getting used to the grip angle so I figure I need a lot more time at the range - but it is a blast to shoot. No failures, just shoots every time any ammo I feed it.

5RWill

Brian Pflleuger said:
I only wish I been able to handle an M&P before I got my Glock....

something to consider.

+1000

Completely agree held a M&P after I bought my Glock 21 and I immediately regretted buying the Glock. Don't get me wrong the Glock is fine, but it was nowhere near as comfortable as the M&P in my hands. I still say pick one up Mike before you make your final decision.

BikeNGun1974

Yes, that's right, Mr Blued Steel Older Smith & Wesson Revolvers is considering purchasing a Glock.

We all have to adjust to the 21st century eventually :)

My EDC is a Glock 19, my IDPA gun is a Glock 17, and my summer it's-too-hot-to-conceal anything is a revolver :) (An LCR)

Ambishot

How can I consider something that doesn't exist? Tragically, Smith & Wesson went out of business on March 17, 2000.

I hear the former factory is now being used for rat storage, although the Secret Service is looking into possibly storing locally sourced prostitutes there, which is actually in keeping with the spirit of the last owners of the company.

HA! Mike, you're a funny guy.

And I tend to agree, older smiths are a thing of beauty. Newer "smiths," not so much.

As for Mr. Gaston's product...I'm afraid I caught the bug a while ago with a Gen 3 RTF2 Glock 19. ...I'd like to think that it's more of a symbiotic relationship.

Just make sure that you take your old ladies out to the range once in a while so they don't get jealous.

farmerboy

All in all very humorous. I've always been a revolver man myself. Until about 10 years ago then started buying S&W autos. Always bashed Glocks. Well bought my first about 1 year ago and for me it's very accurate, few parts, reliable as the day is long , lightweight, high capacity and for me it aims perfect. My duty gun (22- gen 4) and I shoot it almost everyday. Absolutely love it. Installed 2 1/2 pound trigger and couldn't get any better. Has alot of finish rubbing off due to duty gun and carry everywhere off duty because I know what it's capable of rather myself with it. By far best gun I own!!!

AZAK

only other person in my house is my dog and he prefers shotguns.
Good to know that at least you will have some support, in your own home, to ease you back into reality when the time comes!
Truly man's best friend.

OK, that's, by far, the funniest post in this thread, made even funnier given the fact that I just turned 47.
You're only as old as you feel. Heck, I remember when they opened the factory across town from me. I was at the range when someone pulled out the new & revolutionary Glock 17. Everybody ogled and fondled.

I took one look at it, pronounced it ugly, and opined that the owner would be out of luck in five years when the gun broke and the manufacturer was out of business.

Then, I went back to shooting my AMT Skipper...

Aaron1100us

Try a Glock in 357 SIG. A real blast to shoot and what is cooler than a necked down pistol cartridge?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

farmerboy

What's cooler about shooting a 357 sig is more expensive bullets and for reloaders brass is more expensive and hard to find free brass and harder to seat bullets due to most dies don't come with a bell die to help start the seating process. But you can say you're the only one at the range shooting one, if that thrills you- no wonder you're the only one shooting one. But that's a different thread. ::p

rs97

It sounds like you are coming down with something, sure hope it is nothing serious.

Just take two BHP's to the range and let us know in the morning. :D

.357 Sig is definitely out. As this will be a primarily fun gun, I don't feel like expending that kind of extra cash on the ammo. Same reason pretty much eliminates the .40 S&W.

That leaves 9mm, .45, and 10mm, all of which I've owned, and all of which I like. It will, then, come down to a case of what's available when I'm ready to make my purchase.

If they had a .38 Super chambering I'd be very inclined towards that.

"Then, I went back to shooting my AMT Skipper..."

Ouch. You should have bought a Glock...

RC20

Mike, I am also considering a Glock for an older relative. I'm hoping to examine a Springfield XD-S beforehand and that it is better.

Mike, I would also add to the OLDER part, reference to other physical declining and mental losses to the list of those who a glock would suit (grin)

In all seriousness, I got a book on glocks because I wanted to understand them. Like fleas they are so pervasive its a good idea to have that knowledge (grin).

I hope it works out.

I would think a Blue Steel guy might for with something classy like a 1911, HK or Sig but...........

magnum777

I never understood the fascination with Glocks, I would get a Beretta PX4 storm or a Springfield XD, they are both just as accurate and easy to break down( their prices aren't bad either) and they look a lot better.

RC20

I went with the Sig SP2022 based on its action type, it being a Sig (good reports on it of course as any mfg can have dogs). Its nice that its simpler than the other Sigs (one less lever)

DA/SA is as close to a revolver as you will get. It would seem to make more sense, but then Mike has obviously lost his mind so.......

I have tried the strikers and I just do not like them. As you have to have a holster, that means your CC options are limited to IWB of other hardware.

That said I am looking for something a bit better for CC (smaller) and am considering a S&W MP with the safety.

Mal H

Staff
rs97 said:
It sounds like you are coming down with something, sure hope it is nothing serious.

Just take two BHP's to the range and let us know in the morning. :D

Ok, now that's funny! :D