Carrying in the shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanspiff

All ya'll fancy shmancy hoity toity "oh noes I carry in the shower" fruitcakes! A real man doesn't shower in a close confined area. A real man sets up an open shower in the garage with long guns mounted on a metal frame that is covered with ballistic plates and sandbagged all around.
:eek:

rtpzwms

Holy Smokes! Shower! If you need one in the shower MOVE!:eek:

BTW does anyone have instructions for making shotgun shells watertight?:D

Last edited:

ADB

anyone outside of a 24 hour war zone that carries in the shower probably takes medications like Geodon, Seroquel and Risperdal.

...or they aren't and they should be.

TXGunNut

I thought I was wierd keeping a hot cup of coffee a few steps from the shower. Home invasions don't cross my mind @ 5:30A, suspect most home invaders feel the same way.

rtpzwms

Is anyone got a RPGL in the shower? Good grief we seem to be paranoid. Next it will be a cobra helicopter out on the lawn just in case..... Do I need to clear a 300 yard killing field around my house too? A gun or two within the home that I can get to is all I need. Oh you can add some cajones too! :D

45guy

In Vietnam we would place the gun in a plastic bag, seal it and tie a loop of cord to it. We would then hang it around our neck and shower. One day a VC went after one of our men in the shower, man was he surprised. A 45 on a rope beats soap on a rope.

Elvishead

I did once. I have a ledge to put my towel on, I put it "In" my towel to keep steam from hitting it. I forgot I had the gun in the towel when I was done showering and picked up my towel flinging my gun went to the hard floor. That was a very bad sounding sound and it seemed to last forever, "clink, clack, clonk, clak, clank, clonk!" Those poly frame guns make all kinds of noses as they drop on the ground.

Ounce was enough, never again.

I do keep a gun in my bathroom drawer though. Never want to be caught with my pant's down!:D

elad

Not in the shower, but there is one in the bathroom when I am in there.

If I don't have control of my weapon it is in the locked safe.

No one will be given the opportunity to use my weapon against me. ;)

ClayInTx

There I was in the shower when a knock upon the door
Brought forth consternation as the soap dropped to the floor.
Grabbed a towel and wrapped around me, tied the ends into a knot,
And cautiously looked for my gun, in fear of getting shot.

Took it up with soapy fingers and tightened up my grip
To hold it firmly in my hand; I dasn’t let it slip.
Opened up the door in fear, like all the L.E. rookies
And someone only four feet tall asked, “Want to buy some cookies?”

Stevie-Ray

There I was in the shower when a knock upon the door
Brought forth consternation as the soap dropped to the floor.
Grabbed a towel and wrapped around me, tied the ends into a knot,
And cautiously looked for my gun, in fear of getting shot.

Took it up with soapy fingers and tightened up my grip
To hold it firmly in my hand; I dasn’t let it slip.
Opened up the door in fear, like all the L.E. rookies
And someone only four feet tall asked, “Want to buy some cookies?”
So I shot the dwarf, the cops arrived, and all were quite surprised
"You got him when we couldn't, even with our finest guys!"
"You're kidding me," I stammered, "It really wasn't all that hard."
"I've yet to meet a Girl Scout who is bearded and cigared!"

nels1481

gun in shower

I had a guy break in and no I didnt have a gun in the shower. It was one hell of a fight. It turned out to be a guy installing cable phone but there was a 20+ minutes fight with a naked guy. Shower isnt a safe place.

Dr. Strangelove

I had a guy break in and no I didnt have a gun in the shower. It was one hell of a fight. It turned out to be a guy installing cable phone but there was a 20+ minutes fight with a naked guy. Shower isnt a safe place.

Why was the cable installer naked?;)

I've never felt the need to keep a gun in the shower, but if I did, I would put it in a Pelican Case hanging from the shower head. They are waterproof to at least 100ft, and have kept cameras, phones, and, yes, guns dry for me in many maritime adventures. Plus they float, for those of you who prefer baths...;)

http://www.pelican-case.com/

Don P

Now why would you put a Glock in a zip lock bag in the shower? They are made of plastic, ain't they?:D

JasonG

Threads like this are why I love this place !

Don't drop the mag when changing, you might crack the porcelean ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.