Carrying in the shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real ???

Honestly... if I lived in a bad enough place, that I felt I need to take a gun into the shower...

... um... I'd move... as Charlie Brown used to say... GOOD GRIEF

Last edited:

grymster2007

I don't carry in the house, but I keep a few loaded and available. Every now and then I get a funny feeling and before getting into the shower, I tuck a gun into a towel laying on the vanity. That's pretty rare and chances are, on the day I needed it I would not have gotten the funny feeling. Oh well...

booker_t

I got nines in the bedroom, glocks in the kitchen
A shotty by the shower if you wanna shoot me while I'm s___tin
The lesson from the Smith and Wessun is depressin

Notorious BIG - If I Should Die Before I Wake

In all seriousness, it's easy enough to disrobe in the bathroom and leave your carry firearm within reach.

Even wrapped in cling film/plastic wrap or a freezer bag, while you shower the room and in turn the gun is going to undergo temperature changes which might lead to condensation inside the bag (unless you filled it with an overpressure of inert gas). I'd be concerned about rust and potentially corrupted primers over time.

Last edited:

Skans

I'd be concerned about rust and potentially corrupted primers over time....

I'm more concerned that my wife would finally say "THAT'S IT, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - TAKE YOUR GUNS 'N GIT OUT OF MY BATHROOM....'N MY HOUSE TOO!"

stargazer65

Rather than carry in the shower, just turn the shower on and hide in the bathroom closet. The BGs assume you're in the shower, so when they come and rip open the shower curtain to stab/shoot/rape you, jump out guns blazing and ambush them from the closet. Then enjoy a nice quiet shower in peace.

nate45

129077116606604408.jpg

dnr1128

I'm not worried about something happening while I'm in the shower; I live out in the country, and my pit bull and german shepherd will let me know if somebody pulls in my driveway or walks into the yard. If it's someone they know, they'll say so. If they don't know him, they'll say that. Dog owners know how to tell the different barks. And if somebody does get past them, my gun is easy to get to from the bathroom.

RETG

Ever since I watched one of those prison interview shows,,,
The ones where they interview 3-strike lifers,,,
I have kept a stash gun in the bathroom.

One guy said that he watches a house for the bathroom light to come on,,,
That's when he does his entry because people are "occupied".

What about people like me who carry in the house, not in the shower, but place their handgun on the sink counter when I'm reading a good novel on the crapper? Think he might be surprised?:D:D

Dfariswheel

Here's something I wrote for a subject in another context, but it holds for serious things too:

When taking a shower, keep a fresh bar of “Soap on a Rope” in the tub.
That way when the crazed murder rips the shower curtains open, you can beat the dog out of him by using the soap as a flail weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonutGuy

anyone outside of a 24 hour war zone that carries in the shower probably takes medications like Geodon, Seroquel and Risperdal.

JackL

Well, I carry a knife in the shower, but only because it's already hung around my neck anyway.

Waitaminnit, what's that guy in the photo packing? A CETME? With wooden furniture?

What a wackjob. Everybody knows wood warps.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.