Your preferred GLOCK

Logs

Glock 19

I have a Gen 2, 3, and just picked up a Gen 4.

fksedUIl.jpg

Last edited:

Desmosedici

Well, fresh off firing the 19X today, I can safely say that it is the best Glock I've ever fired. It's difficult to quantify how well it feels in the hand. The marksmen barrel is a definitive upgrade, as right away I was putting rounds in the black and many right near the bullseye on my first magazine (We were shooting Remington 115g FMJ). More accurate than my 19, easily. I'm not sure I could conceal it as well, and it would definitely require a new rig, but the gun just feels superbly balanced and super soft recoiling. I know it's a 9mm so one wouldn't expect much recoil anyway, but the muzzle flip on this is nearly nonexistent. The trigger, for a Glock, was surprisingly good. I didn't even think about it. This one had night sights, and they were easy to acquire.

I did not think I'd like this configuration better than the 19, but after 100 rounds or so, I'd trade mine right now for one.

I'm not sure I care for the color but that could be addressed easily in due time. In my humble opinion, It's better than both the 17 and the 19 to me, both of which I've had a lot of time on.

if you are looking at buying a Glock, and are interested in 9mm, I'd try this one first. I came away extremely impressed, and with night sights and 2 19 round mags, it's a unique and really fun handgun in Glock's lineup.

TunnelRat

Well, fresh off firing the 19X today, I can safely say that it is the best Glock I've ever fired. It's difficult to quantify how well it feels in the hand. The marksmen barrel is a definitive upgrade, as right away I was putting rounds in the black and many right near the bullseye on my first magazine (We were shooting Remington 115g FMJ). More accurate than my 19, easily. I'm not sure I could conceal it as well, and it would definitely require a new rig, but the gun just feels superbly balanced and super soft recoiling. I know it's a 9mm so one wouldn't expect much recoil anyway, but the muzzle flip on this is nearly nonexistent. The trigger, for a Glock, was surprisingly good. I didn't even think about it. This one had night sights, and they were easy to acquire.

I did not think I'd like this configuration better than the 19, but after 100 rounds or so, I'd trade mine right now for one.

I'm not sure I care for the color but that could be addressed easily in due time. In my humble opinion, It's better than both the 17 and the 19 to me, both of which I've had a lot of time on.

if you are looking at buying a Glock, and are interested in 9mm, I'd try this one first. I came away extremely impressed, and with night sights and 2 19 round mags, it's a unique and really fun handgun in Glock's lineup.

If you wanted it in black you could get the Glock model 45, it’s essentially the same configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desmosedici

Yes sir, I was more thinking along the lines of if I were to own a handgun that had a finish different from black, it just wouldn't be the desert tan color. I did not make the clear. I'm a bit fond of the battleworn finish, I've seen a custom G19 enhanced by Wilson, and I found that pretty cool. Although it seems a bit odd to spend a thousand bucks on a $500.00 gun....but to each his own, always. I like cerakoted guns.

mpolk

I'm a bit fond of the battleworn finish,

That's interesting. To me that's like brand new jeans with holes in them. Sorry, but I just don't get it. If I buy a new gun I am pretty sure I don't want it to look worn out. JMHO but I am old.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Prof Young

Only have one so . . .

Well, I only have one. It's a Reproduction Glock P 80. I bought it mainly because the local hardware store had it and I didn't own a Glock. I've had it for about six months now and I still don't shoot it very well. But it's my favorite.
Life is good
Prof Young

raimius

I'm a 43X fan. Very concealable, big enough grip to hold, and with aftermarket 15rd mags, still has good capacity.

Haven't tried a 48 yet, though.

MarkCO

I have a few Glocks still. If I could only have one Glock, a G19. To me, just ticks all the boxes best for a utility 9mm pistol wearing a Glock badge.

Most of my Glock 9mm magazine fed firearms are either converted G22s or PCCs though, so I have a heavy investment in 9mm Glock mags.

SR420

The little G36 that I owned for about a year, it was just too small for my hands.

Attachments

• G36_Blueplate.jpg
    G36_Blueplate.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 22

Catfishman

“Glock 20. Arguably the best 10mm pistol platform. There are comparable/better choices across the rest of their lineup.”
Brian33x51
This statement is hard for an informed reasonable person to disagree with.

Hammerhead

17L.
Home and range, very 'shootable'.
Squeezes everything you can get out of the 9mm.
Hoping to get a Blade Tech holster soon to get more serious about home defense.

choctaw

In 1992, my agency transitioned from our beloved S&W 66s to Glock 17s. The horror. However, over the years I have come to appreciate them for what they are; a reliable, tough-as-nails tool which can get the job done. No one is going to proudly wear a Glock outside their pants to a BBQ for all the world to see. But they are a fighting gun and there is no mistake about that. Since 1992, I have either owned or been issued 17s, 26s, 22s, 27s, 35s, 45s and 40s of various generations. At work I now carry either a G48 or G19 Gen 5. But my favorite pistol of all time is my Glock 20 SF. I'm primarily a handgun hunter in Texas and this pistol has proven itself on deer and hogs. Easy to carry and fun to shoot. You just can't beat that.

Alan0354

I carried some sort of Colt 1911 for over thirty years until an old hip injury objected to the weight. Went to a G19 and have never looked back. I shoot once a week, usually 100 rounds at a time but have cut back a little due to the "troubles", and haven't had a bobble. I also like my 3rd gen G21SF for a truck gun.

I had the typical 1911 owner's prejudice against them but now I'm a fan.

Just a comment when you brought the 1911 up. I own a Colt Gold Cup, I accurized it, it is super accurate. I would NOT buy another 1911 of any sort.

I cannot make it totally reliable with the Blazer JHP. The design is OLD, The feed ramp is made up of two pieces(first part is the frame, then transition to the barrel). There's a discontinuity. The Blazer JHP hung up and FTF.

It is heavy, less than 10 rounds, single action. It's a good target and competition gun as it's accurate, but I would NEVER use it as self defense gun. It's not reliable enough, single action and way too heavy to carry around.

It's design over 60 years old( or longer). Design improved a lot since, I do not feel nostalgic for the good old days. I bought one and I have it. It's good for it's purpose, that's it.

I've been away from guns for 30 years, I just bought a Glock 26. I will only buy polymer guns, no more steel or aluminum frames anymore. I am kind of thinking about a Glock in 45ACP.

Last edited: