Your preferred GLOCK

Pistoler0

Pistolero, where did you get the comonolli safety installed? Ten ring precision?
No, here in Colorado, at Sovereign Armory

Sean, the owner, is a good friend of mine, and he did all the work on my pistol. I wholeheartedly recommend him.

Of course Ten Ring is nationally known and I have no doubt their install is top notch. But I think that it is better to find a local smith if possible, because shipping handguns is a hassle and SO expensive!.

Anyway my Cominolli has been on the pistol since 2009 and it works flawlessly.

Last edited:

tomrkba

I want to say my Glock 21 — it is setup as my “goto” gun for my gear. I also want to say my chunky monkey G30...

But the real answer is my decades old Glock 19.

pcxxxx42

I've a gen 2 G19 with about 15K rounds thru it. It looks as new. First gun I ever bought, last I would sell.

You have got to remember to change that trigger spring about every 5K rounds or less with any Glock.

I've got a pair of G22s and a pair of G23s, gen 4. I carry a G22 when in my workshop.

The G19 is still the favorite. It is relatively small and concealable (so is the G23), and though I roll my own, in a pinch 9mm ammo is easier to find than 40 Win.

dontcatchmany

I have two glocks.

The first is a gen 3 G27. Man o ma n did I have problems with it from the git go. Over a few years I had to replace many parts. Could not get 200 rounds through it without some FTF or FTE or a bunch of other crap. I kept utting it aside and trying to decide which sledge hammer to use on it. Swore at it often but was determined to get it working and swore to never get another glock.

Finally it was fixed. Probably should have sent it back to glock to be fixed but did not. I was determined to make it work reliably and learned a lot in the process about guns in general and glock in particular.

It now has well over 1,000 rounds of 40 and 9mm and 357 Sig through it without a problem and I have even carried it a few times.......will, I hope, get full faith in it someday.

BUT, Now I have a Glock 32 and it has been a trusty and faultless weapon with over 2,000 rounds of 357 Sig and 9mm and 40 S&w without even so much as a hickup.

I carry the 32 almost daily.

And I have several carry guns from other manufacturers.

Were I in the market for another gun I would ebntertain the idea of a third glock.......as well as a couple of other manufacturers.

Now where is that review on a G20 I was looking at....lol!

SR420

There is one Glock in my procession that I have not fired, it's a new in the box 2009 Glock 17 RTF2 with Crescent Moon serrations (fish gills). I don't know if it has or will ever have any collector value, but new in the box anything is a rarity for me so I'll leave it that way.

Desmosedici

Still have a Gen 4 19. Have several mags for it, changed the sights and the slide release. I don't outright love it, but I don't think I'll ever get rid of it, it's just a good workhorse and I certainly don't baby it. If it blew up or someone stole it, or if it got lost in the woods, I wouldn't cry, but I'd probably buy another one. It's been reliable as the day is long, and with the load it likes at 15-20 yards, I can hit all day with it. That kind of gun gives me a good deal of confidence.

I've tried a few other models and like them enough. I did enjoy shooting the 30S.
I'd be in the market for a 20 if I could afford to shoot 10mm.

Jim Watson

I don't really LIKE Glocks and I don't shoot my best with them, but they do have their uses.
I have a G17-4 which I use only for GSSF.
I have a G43 which is about my speed in hideout guns.

Every year for many, I have thought about a Glock and spent time at the Club shooting many of them. The one I would prefer over all others and was going to purchase one before the Riots started was the Glock 43.

Willie Lowman

My most favorite was the Glock 24 C. Unfortunately I sold mine years ago and I don't think they have made any in a long time.

I wish they would make a Gen 5 35. So as it stands my favorite that I own is my gen 5 34 MOS

JustJake

10mm Gen4 G20.

Glock's best "all-around" pistol, chambered in the most versatile and useful semi-auto cartridge ever made.

Size-wise, the G20 splits the difference between the more concealable G29, and the less concealable G40 long-slide.

The G20's ability to accept aftermarket "drop-in" barrels in three other calibers only enhances its versatility. :cool:

Big4Freedom

I enjoy many models, but g26 has to be my practical favorite. Very concealable, easy/fun to shoot, accurate, and perfect reliability for me. It can take very high capacity mags, flush, or others in between.