Your all time favorite pistol of the 19th 20th century.

dogngun

I guess it has to be the 1911. I bought my first one

nearly 40 years ago, a WWII issue piece that I later sold. I now own 2 of them, and I'm probably going to buy another before the year is out.

I have around 15 handguns, but I carry a 1911 more than anything else-except my old Spanish .25 automatic that goes everywhere with me.
So maybe that 1920 BH .25ACP pistol is #2!

mark

roaddog28

That's a tough question because all of my handguns are my favorites. I will give you my top six.

1. S&W M&P 38 special 4 inch barrel
2. S&W model 10 4 inch barrel
3. S&W model 66 4 inch barrel
4. Ruger Police Service Six 4 inch
5. Ruger GP100 4 inch
6. S&W M19-4 6 inch barrel

Pictures are in order.

roaddog28
DSC00006.jpg

GP100ServiceSix.jpg

SWM19-4e.jpg

aarondhgraham

It's the same one as before,,,

It's Stella,,,
My Model 15 Combat Masterpiece.
stella-lr.jpg

IMHO it is the finest .38 revolver ever made,,,
You don't have to agree with me,,,
I know a lot of folk won't,,,
Bit I like how she fits.

The Model 10 is a close second,,,
i just like adjustable sights.

Last edited:

totaldla

20th century - until 1984 my favorite design was the 1911, but I didn't own a decently manufactured version of one until I bought a Kimber Classic in 1998. 1984 was (I believe) the first year of the Glock, which is the best design in combat pistols. My first Glock was a M19, which has been neglected & abused and still works flawlessly.

In my opinion, there were only two watershed pistol designs in the 20th century - the 1911 and the Glock.

COSteve

My custom Glock 20/21L I made some 6 years ago. 230grn 45acp+P for some big bullet fun or 180grn screaming 10mm. Life is great!!!

100_0468.jpg

rep1954

To quote Brian Pearce from an article in the November 2008 issue of Handloader magaine. "The Colt Single Action Army revolver is the most recognized, famous and collectable handgun of all time. It's history is fascinating, spanning 135 years and continuing.It has served honorably in the hands of horse soldiers, world war veterans, lawmen and detectives, cowboys, big game hunters, African hunters, explorers, generals, target and exhibition shooters, average shooters, average citizens, not to mention bandits and bank robbers. It was present when the western frontier was young, wild and wooly-and eventually laid to rest. In the hands of hollywood movie actors portraying fictional and nonfictional characters, it has stimulated interest in gun ownership, something we need now more than ever." These words could have been spoken from my own mouth and express my feelings exactly.
G.jpg

Last edited:

lamarw

Simplistic Beauty for me has to be my Beretta 85F. My 92FS has more going for it in other aspects.

I know everyone thinks the 1911 is the Holy Grail, but I had to lug one of those around for several years in the military. I think it is antiquated, and I will be the first to admit I am biased against it. I don't like its looks, its weight nor its limited capability. I am not familiar with the newer copy cat 1911s, and I hope some are better than the old military 1911s.

Dave85

HK P7.

I'm trying to think of a pistol that I, personally, would prefer over it for my uses (personal defense primarily in urban and suburban environments), and can't think of anything.

Archie

Favorite?

Hard to pin that one down.

Either my Colt Commander (lightweight) in .45 ACP or a Smith & Wesson Combat Magnum (pre model 19). Close on those is the Smith & Wesson Military & Police in .38 Special.

What can I say? I'm a classicist.

Favorite--for what purpose? Fun? Concealed carry? Bullseye? Dangerous animals?

Might be a Colt Model P, or a Colt Woodsman, or a Model 1911, or maybe a Colt Detective Special or Official Police or Combat Masterpiece....

Notice they're all old designs....