Worst Firearm Gimmick

FirstFreedom

Telescoping m4 style stocks for SKS

Make that any telescoping M4-style stock for any rifle other than the AR. The only reason the thing was ever designed was the wacky tube that hangs out of the back of an AR receiver. If your rifle does not have the crazy tube, a folding stock would be a superior choice.

Oh, yes, definitely, +1 to that.

SavageSniper

Steve, are you talking about the sight that looked like a AAA sight on a Quad 50? I remember that from the 80's I think. I laughed at it then too.

dwatts47

Any holster that says both "tactical" and "fits most large frame handguns"

I shoud have known... I'm a meynard.

jrfoxx

Quote:

Make that any telescoping M4-style stock for any rifle other than the AR. The only reason the thing was ever designed was the wacky tube that hangs out of the back of an AR receiver. If your rifle does not have the crazy tube, a folding stock would be a superior choice.

They are actually pretty nice on the ak clones too.I have the Tapco on my wasr-10, and it makes the gun a LOT more comfortable having a slightly longer stock on it.Tall people and/or those with long arms would probly benifit from the adjustability too, as one of the big complaints about ak ergonomics from peope is that the stock/LOP is too short.Also, I just dont like the look or feel of folding stocks, and PERSONALLY have no use for them.I'll agree that the telescoping stocks for an SKS just serve no purpose at all though (except to look ugly).But, as always YMMV.:)

Crosshair

oldbillthundercheif

I disagree, I like the telescoping stock. It allows shooters of different sizes to fit the gun to them. During the winter I can be bundled up with ALOT of clothing. I just adjust the stock one notch shorter and keep shooting.

BAW_Saiga_Small.jpg

big-techie

Worst firearm gimmicks

Was tempted:eek:, (because I'm kind of a gadget-junky), but got wisdom from fellow Glockers...but I'd say trying to turn your Glock into a pseudo-subgun with telescoping stocks, scope mounts and forward grips with 29 round mags. Can I get an "AMEN!"?

The Tourist

The removal of some bayonette mounts.

A liberal answer to all of those "drive by stabbings" you've been hearing so much about in the news.

Manedwolf

A liberal answer to all of those "drive by stabbings" you've been hearing so much about in the news.

That comes right after California's bans on SKS 59/66s with the grenade launcher. Lots of drive-by grenadings, apparently.

Homies! Fix bayonets, yo!

Crosshair

Thanks, I was going for a "Designated Marksman" type setup and having the gun fit perfectly was far more important than concealability. That is the 20" model anyway, so concealability is kinda moot with that long tube.

Daily Fred

Coolest worthless gimmick

Slight tangent from thread topic:

Golf ball launcher for my Yugo SKS (mounts on grenade launcher)

...coolest, most worthless gimmick I've ever bought! :)

HawkeyeNRAlifer

Biggest waste? So many too chose from over the years. The Hellfire caused me to burn up over 200 rounds of 7.62x39 trying to master the touch. Never did. Also a N-star muzzle brake for one of my M-44 Mosins, less than 10 rounds and the tiny bolts sheared off.