Worst Firearm Gimmick

joshua

Shoot a rifle that recoils heavy enough to notice on your shoulder and then add a bipod at the sling swivel stud to increase weight, you will notice the diffence. That's all it is. josh

dfaugh

Ruger 10/22:barf:.....Seriously.

Overpriced, innacurate (in stock form),etc.

Detachable SKS mags :barf:(unless you have an SKS-D or SKS-M, that takes AK Mags)

Red Dot sights:barf:....Again seriously...Gimmme some CROSSHAIRS.

LER scopes on milsurps...:barf:

DonR101395

Red Dot sights....Again seriously...Gimmme some CROSSHAIRS.

Not a gimmick if used for their intended purpose. They work well on a fighting rifle. I just wouldn't want an Aimpoint on my bolt gun.

itman

The U.N. Ok you can't put them on a rifle, but they want to be all over ours. And they no right to be there. :barf:

JWT

Mercury recoil reducers are in common use by trap shooters. Usually installed in the stocks. Never used one myself, but the guy I generally shoot with has on in his gun and swears by it.

john paul

detachable sks mags are a joke but the one i hate is a reticle illuminator. tiny light that mounts on your scope and lights up the crosshairs!

MisterPX

The Wiliams peep sight which replaces the rear sight on an SKS - absurd - it's too far forward to work - waaay to small of a hole that far from your eye.

You do realize that goofy insert unscrews to give you a large aperture;)

As far a M203 cuts, if you don't want a 40, you can get 37's all day long.

Davis

Voted for Doyle because of Clinton's Assault Weapon Ban. Pretty dumb to vote for Clinton after that anal probing.

As to useless accessories...

Telescoping m4 style stocks for SKS.
Make that, most accessories for SKS

Pin-on Muzzle Break for Mosins

75% of "tactical" accessories for ALL firearms, but particularly AR's & AK's

Folding stocks for shotguns

Drum magazines for AK's and AR's.

Davis

Old Time Hunter

I was referring to Gov. Doyle of Wisconsin.....he is now on a rampage to eliminate private sales of guns, and make any person ACCUSSED of a misdemeaner offense unable to possess a firearm. Of course he means only an offense that can be construed as showing a possibility of non conforming social behaviour, but that is determined by the soccer mom and PTA brigade.

joshua

flashlights and lasers for rifles. I dont see the point of carrying the extra weight

:eek: How will you see the zombies if the electricity is out during 0 dark thirty? Lasers are a great way to put a bullet on target in a dim lighted scenario. Just my $.02 worth, but I've been proven wrong many times. :D I'm still sticking to my laser and 6 C battery Maglite. :D josh