Worst Firearm Gimmick

Full-choke

I bought a flash suppressor for my 10/22. I thought it looked really cool at the time, but now I think it looks stupid (I think I was around 14 years old). Although, that 22 is still my primary coon gun, and has one of my coolest ideas mounted on it. I go cooning a lot by myself and had trouble with the whole spotlight/shoot thing. Didn't want to pay the money for a headlamp or some jazzy setup so I just mounted a flashlight in some old see thru scope rings...aim, spot, shoot. Nice deal...but the flash supressor is still a waste of money.

M14fan

ANYTHING made by Pro-Mag!!! Bought two 20rd magazines for Para-Ord .45. They cannot be loaded to 20 rounds (18 tops and that dents brass) and they absolutely will not feed anything!!! Even loading only one or two rounds, they will not feed. Changing followers does not help. It is simply a complete waste of sheet metal and springs.

Manedwolf

Also:

Dustcover rails for AKs. Only if you want to miss the paper entirely.

Spend the money for a Warsaw Pact railmount. Mr. Kalashnikov designed them that way.

tomh1426

Every tacticool part made for those single shot shotguns (NEF,H&R,Rossietc.)
Ive seen heat shields and teliscoping stocks and lasers
My buddy got this thing to change the angle his Mosin Nagant bolt handle, that was dumb

surg_res

Those SKS rear receiver replacements with a welded on scope rail are a waste of $$. I bought one and tried it on 2 sks. That thing was so poorly fitted that I couldn't even get the pin through it to lock it in place.

What about an AR with a spot for a nade launcher? Who the hell has nades or the lanucher?

SavageSniper

OK mine are plastic mags for 10/22's that hold ten rounds and stick way out of the bottom of the rifle- the rotary mag is just fine. Of course the claim they will not jam. Yea, right. The cantered scope mount for a win. lever gun. Too far offcentered to be comportable to shoot. $49 dollar scope from e-bay that claimed to be better than Leupold. Now I am not the formost authority on scopes, but I know a POS when I see one. Last but not least, how about all the stuff that you can hang on an AR now. You can take an assault weapon and by the time you put all of your manly short-comings on it it weighs more than a crew serve weapon:rolleyes:

castnblast

Any item that says BUCKMASTERS...::barf: however, i've been smart enough not to buy any stuff w/ their name on it...Save $50.00 and get the same product made by the same manufacturer for less...i.e. Nikon prostaff scope...same as the "THUGMASTERS" scope...etc. :D

AmesJainchill

About the grenade launcher slot on an AR:

You can purchase a 40mm underbarrel launcher as a DD.

You can AFAIK, buy chalk, flare or tear gas 40mm grenades without a transfer tax.

Also you could purchase a MasterKey as an AOW and perhaps fit it on there.

Fremmer

I saw the worst one today, at the indoor range and gunshop. They had a 9mm semi for sale (maybe a CZ?), but attached to it was a goofy light, and an attached 4" knife blade! Yup, a mini-bayonet! Uber-tactical! You get a wonder nine, a big blocky light, and a 4" blade. :D

tomh1426

I just saw a sealed tube filled with murcury that is supposed to reduce recoil.
I could be wrong but I thing that it is BS

joshua

- Any compensators for pistols or rifles that are attached via set screws. I had on on my Taurus 92 9mm and that thing kept being launched. It was ugly and it didn't really work. Waste of money!

- Any 1911 integrated barrel bushing/compensators - big waste of money.

- 1911 titanium hammers

- How about those recoil absorbing rifle stocks? How would you like to mount a scope on that rifle?

josh

AmesJainchill

I just saw a sealed tube filled with murcury that is supposed to reduce recoil.
I could be wrong but I thing that it is BS

Where were you supposed to mount it? How big was it?
I think it wouldn't work too well, but some people will try anything.

wayne in boca

The mercury tube works.It was often installed in the cleaning kit holes in the buttstock of match Garands and M14s to soften recoil.Lead shot is an alternative method.