Why? Why am I thinking about this?

skidder

"You should just get some Rugers, because they are the bestest."
Uhm.... Here's a crayon. Try not to hurt yourself.

Mike-- I took your crayon and tried to draw a life-like picture of a Smith, and I did almost hurt myself capturing the "endshake".:D

endshake.jpg

"I did almost hurt myself capturing the "endshake"."

BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Good one. :)

"Anthropomorphism much?"

Only with important things, like dogs and guns.

Humans? No.

"It looks like there's only a couple of us blockhead Ruger guys, I better scram"

Sorry, but the sad fact is that Ruger has never made much of anything that has really interested me in the way of revolvers.

Semi-autos more so, but still not a lot.

aarondhgraham

This might be the ultimate in trolling threads,,,

I mean here we have a man who is a dyed in the wool S&W Fanatic/Addict/Devotee,,,
Then he posts a thread stating he is considering something completely out of character.

Was he asking for an intervention?,,,
Was this the cry of a man who recognizes that he needs help?

I think not.

I believe he was simply bored,,,
Suffering from ennui,,
so to speak.

Next thing you know,,,
He'll be saying he wants that Colt in stainless steel. ;)

Aarond

Funny you should say that, Aaron... you might be closer to the mark than you thought...

In 2010, after I got my S&W Model 25-5 4", a gun I had literally searched for for well over a decade, I suddenly realized that I had all of the hot button Smiths that I really wanted.

It was a somewhat disheartening feeling.

Some months later I was reading a thread on another member's older Colt .32-20 Police Positive Special, and I think that's when it started.

But a stainless steel revolver? Hell no.

Well, let me not be too hasty about a stainless revolver... I would consider one as a utility gun, say something to be kept in the car full time, or in the basement or as a ready to go gun.

Microgunner

Mike Irwin said:
Well, let me not be too hasty about a stainless revolver... I would consider one as a utility gun, say something to be kept in the car full time, or in the basement or as a ready to go gun.

And don't forget, stainless wheelguns make fine canoe anchors too. Can't wear one out. :D

aarondhgraham

Trying this again,,,

Funny you should say that, Aaron... you might be closer to the mark than you thought...

In truth I was simply trying to tease you a bit,,,
But in actuality you might be suffering from Wagon Train Syndrome.

<head-shrinking>

You have completed a long journey (project),,,
And you got so used to the constant traveling (the search),,,
And now that you have reached Oregon (completed your collection),,,
You have become so used to the search that now it's over you have no direction.

I suggest a new journey,,,
Perhaps now you search for classic holsters for your collection.

</head-shrinking>

Or, you could start collecting Colts. :p

Pick a poison my friend.

Aarond

Joe_Pike

But a stainless steel revolver? Hell no.

I don't know, you might like my model 65 with a 3" barrel. It's not a bad gun to have around.

thedaddycat

OK, I have to get one of those... What is that, a bumper sticker? Working in Providence (another East Coast Leftist Liberal Mecca) I know it would go "up zine youmpah" of a bunch of them sideways, and also assure me that nobody would try to crowd me in wherever I'm parked.....

Auto426

I can't blame you. Whenever I go to a gun show I always keep an eye out for a decent condition Official Police or Trooper Mk. III. Out of all of Colt's revolvers, those are the two that interest me the most, and they are also typically the only ones in my price range.

I also understand where you are coming from. The thrill is in the hunt, and I am very much the same way. Once you collect all the pieces you have been dreaming about the thrill disappears. Fortunately for me, I am always finding guns, both new and old, to add to my wish list. It would take a good many years and a very large pile of money before I get bored.