What's the ugliest auto-pistol ever?

David the Gnome

I did just that and I may have to agree lol.

8.5MM GABBET-FAIRFAX 'MARS' SELF-LOADING PISTOL
Mars-47.jpg

Mars-47-b.jpg

Mars-47-c.jpg

Although, I also agree with Hi-Points being "willfully" ugly. There's really no design reason for them to be as hideous as they are.

Upon further research I dug up this quote which apparently came from the British Military's evaluation of it: “No man on firing this weapon, would willingly fire it again.”

Last edited:

Saab1911

930SS-small_medium.jpg

:barf: Now, this is just plain laziness. Somebody took a perfectly good
machine gun and sawed off parts of it until it had the dimensions of a
handgun but not the shape.

Mars-47-c.jpg

This reminds me of a confiscated home made firearm in South Korea. No
civilian in South Korea can own any kind of firearm. So, a perp fashioned
a handgun out of bits and pieces he found in his machine shop and his junk
drawer. Then, he tried to rob somebody with it. The store-keeper was too
busy rolling on the floor laughing to hand over the money. The perp was
eventually caught and the home-made gun was confiscated. It was a
functioning firearm but looked like above. I never thought
somebody would actually go to production with that mess though. :rolleyes:

CzCasull

I've seen a lot of ugly pistols..
pistolC9b.JPG

above is a JApanese WWII pistol..

but I'd say by far I dis the glock even though I wouldn't mind owning one. haha

Saab1911

CzCasull said:
above is a JApanese WWII pistol..

That's a Nambu. It's a pea shooter. I heard that the rounds just bounce off squirrels. That pistol is only suitable for hunting peas and other vegetables.

SGT_MILLER said:
Race guns are pretty ugly, regardless the model.

No kidding.

ugly_race_gun.jpg

Form follows function, but sometimes function goes too far and form shouldn't follow. :barf:

Honorable Mention:

MAC1950T.jpg

Last edited:

David the Gnome

The Borchardt was already mentioned earlier in the thread, unfortunately most people don't post pictures.

borchardt-pistol.jpg

I'd have to say that in its intended original configuration, with the stock attached, doesn't look nearly as bad as the Mars gun did.

ThePBM

David the Gnome said:
Although, I also agree with Hi-Points being "willfully" ugly. There's really no design reason for them to be as hideous as they are.

As far as I understand, being at least somewhat knowledgeable about hi point firearms, there is a reason. It is a blowback system that needs the mass of the slide as is and they did what they could with it.
But then again it was never a prerequisite to actually know anything about the things you bash on the internets. :eek:

forest15

I stand corrected!

I clicked on this thread to vote +1 for hi-point, but that Mars gun thing left me almost speechless...

forest15

But then again it was never a prerequisite to actually know anything about the things you bash on the internets.

Nobody ever said there was no reason for the hi point to be as ugly as it is, just that it is not pleasing to the eye is all...

pgg

After have to say that after seeing that Mars gun, My Hi-Point looks pretty darn good (yes I own one and it functions flawlessly).

flyby

As far as I understand, being at least somewhat knowledgeable about hi point firearms, there is a reason. It is a blowback system that needs the mass of the slide as is and they did what they could with it.
I don't know ..some of the other cheap SNS companies have done at least a little better(Looks wise) ..granted one can probably only do so much with Zinc :) ..But high-point Really does seem to go out of their way in the ugliness dept..
jimenez JA9
JA9.jpg
6224.jpg
highpoint C9 comp

ThePBM

forest15 said:
Nobody ever said there was no reason for the hi point to be as ugly as it is

That's funny, because I could've sworn somebody JUST said something along the lines of "There's really no design reason for them to be as hideous as they are."

See if you can find that.

David the Gnome

I stand behind my statement. ;)

There are ways of getting slide "mass" without being as ugly as they are. There's also more to their ugliness than the slide alone.

hapkido

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Are you guys outta your minds?! The FN FiveseveN is one of the best looking handguns EVER! While it is not the absolute ugliest, the Glock has got to rank in the top 10.

brif

Saab1911 beat me to it, the HK VP70 is one of the ugliest guns I've seen, but I have seen a few in this thread which I think are uglier now. That infinity on the 1st page is damn sexy too me. I can't understand why someone doesn't like it. To each his own.