What's the ugliest auto-pistol ever?

Saab1911

Which pistols do you think are the ugliest in history?

I have two candidates.

Nambu Type 94, which by the way shares the dubious distinction of being
the least reliable pistol ever.

Type_94_1835.jpg

Glock 17L

17l.gif

B.N.Real

No,that's not it.

At least the Nambu still looks like a semi auto gun.

The early models of the PX4 were hideous.

And there are many other older models of semi autos that you just have to laugh at when you see them.

And the recent addition of cheese graters to the under barrel section of many semi autos(to hold laser sights and night lights) sure put alot of ugly into previously fine looking handguns.

And I actually like the Glock 17L,what's not to like about a long barreled super accurate Glock?

I will admit,I wish they had molded a longer fore end on that polymer frame but what the heck.

If it don't need it-IT DON'T NEED IT.

ThePBM

The S&W 22lr pistol and the Beretta 22lr pistol. They are both ugly. The S&W being the uglier of the two.

stillGHILLIE

The Beretta Neos, the new Walther SP22, High Points, Nagant revolvers, S&W 22A with the 4" bbl. I guess I can't pick only one. :p

MatBananas717

It unfortunately still has that extra-large cheese grater on the front though.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Picatinny rails on the frame, either. Especially on compacts. I have no use for them, plus I think they look ugly on most guns.

Auto426

IMO, some of the worst looking guns out there are some of the high end custom 1911's that people pay through the nose for:

sscompxb9.jpg

ds11112fv1.jpg

No offense to TJ or the other smith, as I'm sure they great at what they do, but those are just plain ugly to me.

Citizen Carrier

A few I consider ugly...

The Colt 2000. Who in the HECK on the Colt board of directors looked at drawings of that thing and said, "Yeah, the public will buy this."? Would it have been too hard to go to a few gun ranges, show regular shooters pictures of that gun and ask them if they'd buy it?

The Colt Double Eagle. Take the aesthetic of an M1911...but mix it with the ugliness of a Ruger P90 from the slide down.

Which brings me to the Ruger semi-autos. Yep. Ugly.

The Smith and Wesson Sigma. My God. A polymer gun that makes Glocks look good in comparison. About the only polymer gun uglier than the Sigma would be those EAA polymer framed things I can't remember the name to right now.

That being said, I'd have to vote for the best looking semi-auto as being the Luger in all it's various incantations. Still the belle of the ball in the looks department.

HiBC

Ugly is as ugly does,or "Very pretty,but can they fight? (Dirty Dozen)
I don't think the Sig 220 or the 1911 qualify as pretty,but they might make darn fine companion.

Saab1911

sscompxb9.jpg

***? Somebody actually paid more than $1.50 for this nonsense? If a
relative died and I was forced to take possession of that, I'd melt
it down and then sell the steel as scrap.

:barf:

The other one doesn't look that bad except the grips look like they're made
of furball.

w9trb

How about...

The Astra 600 and Astra 900. 9 mm from about WW2. Dad had one, looked like it was made out of pipe fittings. Never had a misfire of any kind, but seriously a Bad Guy would die laughing unless you pulled the trigger first.

alloy

well its just a .22 but 30 rounds of ugly should qualify it. grendel p30. sort of favors the FN, minus the accessory luggage rack.

IMG_5307.jpg