What is the last gun you'd keep?

OttoJara

Great Question

This is a very hard question to answer for me, since my father just passed away last week (Retired Navy SeaBees 30+ years). I now have a S&W 64 2" from him, and a Browning A5 Light Twelve on the way, I can't see myself parting with either of them. I also have a HK USP full .45 along with a 20 rd mag (The self defence side of the coin). A Marlin 336 in 35 Rem I love for deer and hogs. Then again for survival, I like my Taurus Judge, 410 for small game and .45LC for protection. God Bless America and our troops.

cchardwick

Can I keep accessories? If so, this is an easy choice. I would keep my AR-15 M4. The accessories I would keep are my uppers, specifically my .223 and .458 Socom. This would allow me to hunt everything from rabbits to buffalo. Then I would get a few more uppers, here are my options. Keep in mind if I have only one lower it's still considered 'one gun'. :D

.20 Practical - Weaver Rifles
22LR - Spikes Tactical
5.45x39 - Smith and Wesson
.223 - Remington- DPMS
5.56mm NATO - Colt
6.5mm Grendel - Alexander Arms
6.8 Remington SPC - Model 1
7mm TCU - SSK Industries
.300 Whisper - SSK Industries
.338 Lapua - Bohica Arms
.40 S&W - Olympic Arms
10mm - Olympic Arms
.45 ACP - Olympic Arms
.450 Bushmaster
.458 Socom
.499 LWR - LWRC
.50 Beowulf - Alexander Arms
.50 BMG - Bohica Arms

scorpion_tyr

Very tough indeed.... It would be very hard to give up my FNP-40, but my Reminton Model 11 has been in the family since 1913 so I'd have to pick that.

Tikirocker

Easy one for me ... my Lee Enfield No5 Mk1 Jungle Carbine; takes care of anything I'd need taking care of - if not the 5 then a scoped No4 or No1 MKIII ... anything LE basically.

NormOps

Hmmm...
this question is perverted to its root.:D

After thinking about it, probably the one gun that is most versatile(not necessarily the best in any one area, but can be used effectively when coupled with skill) is the gun I use the least. That's because you have lots of guns for different applications, each one has certain things its designed to do better than anything else.
So, in terms of "i have to use this gun for everything" I think I would go with my Winchester 30-30 lever gun.
its not really the best for anything; I mean, there is probably a gun that can do anything it does better, but it can be pressed into a wide variety of uses with satisfactory results.

Kalezra

Well now that's a hard decision. I love all of my guns but Id have to say that if I could only keep one of my guns it would be my 30-40Krag. This is due to sentimental value, it was my great grandfathers and has been handed down to me.

inSight-NEO

If you could have only ONE firearm, what would it be?

Personally, I would take a 12 ga. shotgun pump shotgun over all else. But, then again, this isnt about me...its about YOU. Given the choice, which firearm would you choose. Remember, this would be your ONLY firearm. I guess this would include either a pistol, a revolver, a rifle or a shotgun. I look forward to the results!

cslinger

Smith and Wesson 681 Performance Center.
7 shots
.357 magnum with the versatility of .38
Easy to shoot
Easy to carry
Great trigger

Basically does everything I could ever need in a single handgun. It is probably my favorite firearm that I own.

AZAK

And where would the rest be?

If I were separated from my home, and the rest of my guns, and still somewhat near my home, I would take my Remington 300 H&H hunting rifle.

(And why does speel ceker not like how I spel Remington on a firearm site?)

Alaska Wild

If it could only be one... A Savage 24F-12 Combo Rifle 30-30 Win/Shotgun 12GAU. To me it's the best of both worlds.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Smaug

Tough Question

Most versatile would be a rifle or shotgun. But those can't be carried concealed.

These days, I'm a lot more worried about being attacked by a fellow human than by wild animals or having to hunt for food. So I'd have to vote for a handgun even though they're less versatile.

I thought for about an hour before deciding that it would be between a Ruger SP-101/357/3" and a Glock 36. (their compact single stack 45) I know it is a cop-out, but since I haven't shot or held a Glock 36, I feel that this isn't too lame. ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Both would be small enough to carry, but big enough to go target shooting without getting beaten up.

Attachments

• glock36_6.jpg
    glock36_6.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 609
  • IMGP3149s.jpg
    IMGP3149s.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 609

shortwave

Sad to say, but these days mine would have to be a SD weapon that is concealable rather than hunting weapon for food. Probably .357 smith.

SilentHitz

Sad to say, but these days mine would have to be a SD weapon that is concealable rather than hunting weapon for food.
Same here shortwave, my choice would be one of my single stack 1911s .45 acp.

Coastal

If we're talking survival, a bolt action .22.

If we're talking home defense, a 12 Ga pump.

If we're talking carry, Glock 26.

HoraceHogsnort

It'd have to be some varient of the high powered, center fire BOLT ACTION rifle with a scope. If it ain't stone cold reliable then it ain't for me. I'm think'n something along the lines of the 7mm mag.