What is the last gun you'd keep?

JKHolman

a question worth thinking about

Meek&Mild,
this is probably the best of the "what if..." questions asked on the forums. Forgive me for skewing your query, but like ELZA, there are two weapons I own that I will never sell or trade - my Daewoo AR-100 and my Firestorm 1911 .45 semi-automatic. If reduced to such a state, you will find me in the cardboard box next door to ELZA.

+1 on the question for its practicality.

- JKHolman

Sevens

One thing I like about this discussion is that it's just conversation... or, to put it another way, I can't guarantee I would actually do as I say, but I suppose I can say it now with at least some confidence that I actually mean it!

I have three family heirloom guns that would probably require me getting therapy if I actually chose to sell or rid myself of them. The first is a Stevens model 86C, bolt action and tube fed .22 rifle that was my Dad's rifle when he was a kid. It's not a terrific shooter, but the bolt is smooth as butter and it's an heirloom to me. The next is a LeFever Nitro Special 12-gauge side by side double that my Grandfather bought in the late 40s or early 50s. The third is a 1921 S&W pre-model 10, nickel plated with a 6-inch barrel that he bought in 1923.

But because this is discussion and not reality, I'd send those off along with some other terrific guns and keep my S&W model 1006, 10mm. Just something about this handgun and the caliber. It's just as tight, strong, beefy, slick and perfect as it was when it was new and I've put thousands of rounds through it.

Hey, you know how those of us that are fortunate enough to have guns passed down to us from parents and grandparents and other people very close to us? You know how we have this "feeling" about how much that gun meant to them, how it played a role in their life and that's one of the reasons we hold it in such high regard?

Well, I'd like to think that when a grandchild of mine opens his safe and pulls out that 1006, he'll think to himself or say out loud, "this pistol meant a helluva lot to my Grandpa!"

OK, suppose you had to sell all your guns.

OK, suppose you had to buy all your guns back after you sold them, which one is the first you would buy back ?? and at what price difference ??

actually i see no reason why i would have sell any in the future, i am financially sound, without ANY income i can hold out for about 25 years :D

Don P

Last gun?

Colt Python 6" barrel in blue. Cost effective to reload for and if need be could be used for CCW in a shoulder rig.:cool:

Breakdaddy

This is a tough one. I'd like to say a long gun but for concealability purposes it would have to be a pistol. I would keep my XD45 and stock up on mags and ammunition. It would be the best multipurpose pistol I could come up with out of my personal inventory.

Hemicuda

I HATE to admit it, but I'd keep my first gun, a single shot .22 Springfield... mainly because I've successfully KILLED deer (and once an Elk!) with it... but MAINLY because I can hot WHATEVER I want to out to about 200 yards... all I need is my Target ammo, and an opportunity...

(BTW, .22 LR on an elk... it takes a shot into the eye, at the right angle, but it CAN be done!

fisherman66

I guess that if I had to raise money by selling my meager collection I'd keep the Rem 870 since its resale value is near the lower end and it's so multipurpose. My Ruger #1 RSI would hurt the most to sell but it would be easy to move quickly and bring in the most dollars.

the swede

I'd have to keep my AR over anything else. I'm not sure If It came down to survival I could get by with one of my handguns. If living off the land was not the issue Id keep my Glock 30, although it would kill me to give up my Sig P229. They are both dead reliable but for some reason my conscience tells me to keep the Glock.

buddycraigg

there are a lot of "what if"s that would factor in to my answer.
if it was because of laws are passed and you can only own one gun i would keep one of my pistols.
if it was for some sort of SHTF or end of the world thing, i would keep my 12ga pump.

steve a.

Handgun would be easy to decide -- Model 625-3. Fun to shoot and I can shoot it pretty decent when I practice more often than recently. Shotgun would be not an easy pick. Would lean toward the 3200 Special Trap -- with the Briley chokes it can be used for any "clays" sport.

kristop64089

I'd have to say all but one....Ruger GS32N.

A very rare (on the commercial spectrum)Speed Six. very concealable, .357mag power for hunting. Ruger wheelgun reliability. And gorgeous to boot!

obxned

If I can keep only 1 pistol, it would have to be a very concealable one. If I can keep only 1 firearm, then it would be a shorter barreled 12g with a full assortment of choke tubes.

bclark1

I doubt kindergarten classrooms encounter this sort of difficulty following instructions. One gun. Period.

M1A here.