What gun should "they" make?

Green Frog

In the semiautomatic field, I really wish S&W would rerelease their Gen 2 or 3 Series of 9mm, 40S&W/10mm, and 45ACP metal framed (aluminum or steel) pistols.

Several decades ago i read where somebody bemoaned the likelihood that we would be leaving our grandchildren a bunch of "plastic antiques". Now that phenomenon has come to the world of hand guns. :(

Froggie

Deja vu

I’d love to see a semiautomatic carbine chambered in 357Magnum. I’d be okay with either tube fed or magazine fed.

pathdoc

> I guess the .41 covers that, but a revolver length .40 using 10mm/.400 projectiles might breath new life into the .40 family.
---
You could just resurrect the .401 Herter PowerMag...

You could even use the .38-40 as a basis, with the pressure spec pushed way up and the neck lengthened a touch to stop it from being used in old guns. It is, after all, actually a .401" cartridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38-40_Winchester

great scot

I-frame, 5-shot, concealed hammer, Smith and Wesson in .32 H&R magnum. Be great if it was air weight or polymer with a 2 inch barrel.

BornFighting88

I almost sat bolt-upright in bed this morning when I thought of this, and I had to come add it to the list! Call me crazy, call me what you will.

A quality 1911 that is chambered in that 5.7x28mm FN zipper. I think I would drop just about everything else I have on my “want” list and just focus on that. Plain and simple.

Seven High

I would like to see a Hi Power manufactured with a polymer frame and lightening cuts to the slide like was shown on Forgotten Weapons.

jetinteriorguy

I almost sat bolt-upright in bed this morning when I thought of this, and I had to come add it to the list! Call me crazy, call me what you will.

A quality 1911 that is chambered in that 5.7x28mm FN zipper. I think I would drop just about everything else I have on my “want” list and just focus on that. Plain and simple.
Have you checked out the 22TCM?

kozak6

A .22 single shot break action pistol.

Cast it out of zinc and plastic, and put it on the shelf for $100.

Rough Riders aren't far off, so it should be possible.

As profits build, the exact same model made out of aluminum, brass, and stainless.

Maybe talk to Lothar Walther and see what we can do.

jetinteriorguy

I believe the premise behind the Liberator was to use it to kill an enemy soldier and ‘liberate’ his weapon for your own use. If I recall correctly.

oldbear1950

LEVER GUNS

I wish one of the italian companies would put out the 99 savage,
and a copy of the savage over and under. They were both really popular at one time