What gun should "they" make?

44caliberkid

Thinking of the Ruger Deer Slayer 44 mag and how sweet that format would be in 357 Maximum.
Given the popularity of pistol caliber carbines right now, Ruger bringing back the Deer Slayer in 44 and 357 magnum would be a good move. And Magnum Research reintroduce the Timberwolf pump rifle in 44 and 357, maybe even 454 Casull.

ballardw

Given the popularity of pistol caliber carbines right now, Ruger bringing back the Deer Slayer in 44 and 357 magnum would be a good move. And Magnum Research reintroduce the Timberwolf pump rifle in 44 and 357, maybe even 454 Casull.
I'd probably buy one in .41 magnum.

JustJake

A compact single-stack pistol in 10mm.

On the 1911-platform, like a Colt Defender/New Agent.

On the Glock-platform, like a 3.8” G29 slide on a G36 frame.

Screwball

A Ruger Mark IV… but with a 2ish” threaded barrel. Front sight, thread into the receiver, but give screws inserts to remove it… if you want a red dot.

Would save SO much work to get a suppressor host.

10-96

I think every time this question comes up, I answer with something different.

But today, I think I'd be all over a J Stevens A&T Model 34 or Model 35 re-intro.

Yup, I'd be one happy old fat man with a Stevens Tip Up in .22LR and a Stevens Ideal/Favorite in .22LR, .22 Mag, and .17HMR.

TRX

> I guess the .41 covers that, but a revolver length .40 using 10mm/.400 projectiles might breath new life into the .40 family.
---
You could just resurrect the .401 Herter PowerMag...

Ruger45LC

Ruger needs to take their GP100, scale it up in size to that of an N-frame (but keep the same grip size) and offer it in .44 Mag (41 Mag and 45 Colt too). Now they do make a Super GP100, so that's good but it's basically a GP100 frame with a Redhawk upper, which okay I guess but so far they've only offered it in 357 and 9mm.

I'd like to see Ruger re-release the their maximum size Blackhawks, offer it in 357 Maximum, 445 SuperMag (or make their own 44 cal 2.000" OaL cartridge) and also come out with their own .500 that's basically a 500 S&W shortened just slightly, longer than a JRH but shorter than the 500 Mag.

jetinteriorguy

Ruger needs to take their GP100, scale it up in size to that of an N-frame (but keep the same grip size) and offer it in .44 Mag (41 Mag and 45 Colt too). Now they do make a Super GP100, so that's good but it's basically a GP100 frame with a Redhawk upper, which okay I guess but so far they've only offered it in 357 and 9mm.

I'd like to see Ruger re-release the their maximum size Blackhawks, offer it in 357 Maximum, 445 SuperMag (or make their own 44 cal 2.000" OaL cartridge) and also come out with their own .500 that's basically a 500 S&W shortened just slightly, longer than a JRH but shorter than the 500 Mag.
Isn’t a Redhawk already basically a scaled up GP100?

piedmontqc

I'd like to see a .50 or better yet a .54 or .58 caliber black powder percussion revolver built on the 1851 navy frame (beefed up as needed) . Six shot with an improved method of retaining the percussion caps and the option of adjustable sights. I know it would be expensive and I would need to wear heavy gloves to fire it. I do love lots of smoke and flames.

44 AMP

Staff
Obviously, the gun they "should" make is the one so many people seem to want, and think they need. Judging from all the comlaints about existing firearms (in current production or not) that would have to be a gun that ....

is 100% reliable, weighs nothing, is invisible, has zero recoil, holds 10,000 rounds, delivers more energy than a main battle tank cannon, is accurate enough to shoot one hole groups at 1,000 yards (no matter what the shooter does), only works for the authorized user, won't penetrate anything completely, but will always reach vital organs, has ammo available cheaply and universally, and the whole package costs less than a Happy Meal.

oh,yeah, include "never misses" too...

if you can do that, give me a call, I'll take three! :rolleyes:

BourbonCowboy

I'd like to see HK make a micro-9 with the paddle mag release. 10 rounds would be enough, but more would be better.

I'd also like to see Charter Arms make a left-handed version of a .357 magnum with a 4" barrel. Something similar to their Southpaw, but based on their Bulldog.