What gun should "they" make?

tdrizzle

Disposables. Blister packed, already loaded ten round capacity nines that you can't reload again.

It'd take care of a lot of the new people who buy a gun for self defense, and don't train or practice with it, just put it in a drawer against some future need. No need for them to buy ammo they won't use.

10 rounds, so you can sell them everywhere, regardless of mag capacity laws.

Nine MM, so everyone can shoot it well. Heck, make .40 and .45, too if you want. Put a safety on it to make those people happy.

An enclosed plastic handgrip with nowhere to put more ammo when you run out, in a sealed package for safety.

Single or double column, basic sights. Fairly heavy pull, maybe 8-10 lbs.

Well, that's interesting.

I was thinking about mid frame LCR revolvers. They have the best out of the box double action triggers. I'd like to see 7 round .357 Mag, 9 round 327 Federal, 5 round 44 spl, 5 round 45 Colt/Auto.

bamaranger

Guns

How 'bout a......

-reintroduce a 3-1/2" N-frame .357
-Glock 20/40 with single stack, optic (dot) ready
-1911, optic ready 10mm
-rimmed, mag length .40 cal ctg in 5-6 shot K-L frame revolver

bamaranger

I guess the .41 covers that, but a revolver length .40 using 10mm/.400 projectiles might breath new life into the .40 family. The .38-40 a bit weak to qualify for what I'm thinking. You could even have the .40 mag/.40 spl.

jetinteriorguy

K frame size revolver, 7 rounds of .327mag, 3” barrel, no under lug, DAO with a shaved hammer, and about an 8lb trigger. Oh, and at least a nice smooth low profile driftable rear sight. Make this for around $700.00-$800.00.

Cosmo, I like what you're talking about. I'd like Sig to give the 220 the micro compact treatment. Keep the DA/SA but make it loose weight and give it a magazine with magical geometry. Maybe 7 round magazine in a sub-compact frame.

reddog81

Revolver in 34 caliber Magnum with 3.25" barrel. I think there'd be big demand for something right in that sweet zone

stagpanther

One I'd like to see make a comeback is the 9 x 25 Dillon. Nothing else like it IMO. I put one together out of a 20 SF years ago with a custom LW 8" barrel; but would love to see a different handgun chambered for it. Maybe change the name to 9mm Legendary?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6296.jpg
    IMG_6296.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 698

BornFighting88

Kimber K6 series in 327 Mag. Coonan made that 1911 platform thing in 357 Mag, and one of those in 327…. I think I would have to give it a second look.

RickB

I'd like to see 1911s proportional to their chamberings, similar to the old Star and Llama pistols.
A small one, like the Colt Gov't. .380. Something like the Kimber Micro 9, but 3/4" longer and as much taller, in 9mm.
Not saying I'd buy examples, but would like to see them!

MarkCO

I have 4...

S&W needs to bring back the N Frame, unfluted Cylinder Hunter Series of revolvers.

Bergara needs to bring back the .280AI chambering in a 6 (composites), 7.5 (Blued and Walnut) and 10 (Chassis) pound rifle.

I'm almost done with the DI 10mm AR pattern from Glock mags.

Someone needs to make an Over/Under 24" 20g with a rifled top barrel and a screw-in choke smooth bore bottom barrel. Make it under 7 pounds with a flip up 10/22 style sight buried in the rib and a decent front fiber optic tube. Use a Benelli/Berretta style adjustable stock, make it for under $1500.