What Gun Is On Your Radar?

mk70ss

Disregarding the ultra exotics and ultra rare collectibles, what gun is is the one you would buy if you came across it?

MikeG

I've been thinking about an Uberti Cattleman. Perhaps later, when the feeding frenzy over the Springfield Armory dies down so they're available and for MSRP or less, a SA-35.

Rockrivr1

I'm an impulse buyer and my impulse was to buy this over the past weekend when it showed up in my local gun store's display. Never knew I wanted one until that exact moment!!!

gC8eLBb.jpg

KyJim

When they become available at around MSRP, I'll get a Springfield SA-35. But I'm not going to pay what they are going for now on the Internet.

44 AMP

Staff
Disregarding the ultra exotics and ultra rare collectibles, there are none.

I've been fortunate enough in the past 50 years to have owned at least one example of every handgun I've ever been seriously interested in, and that includes a number of exotics and collectibles, along with a bunch of "regular" guns that I just happened to find their way home with me.

I have no interest in getting new things just because they are new things, and I have lots of "old things", all that I care about now, so I'm not in the market for anything else in the future.

I'm a grumpy old man who spent a long time getting what he wanted, and one day, realized, he'd done it. :D

if you're still on that path (and most people are) enjoy the journey and what you discover along the way. I think I'm at the end of that road now, and will enjoy what I have while I have time left to do so. Maybe something will come along and change my mind, its not impossible, but from where I sit right now, there's nothing in sight that does that.

DWFan

.357 Magnum CVA Scout V2 pistol but I'm afraid I'm too late. CVA no longer lists them on their website.

Perhaps later, when the feeding frenzy over the Springfield Armory dies down so they're available and for MSRP or less, a SA-35.

I'm very curious to handle one of those. It looks like Springfield fixed all the things I hated about the MKIII.

Shadow9mm

I have 2 on my radar. First is a SA-35, WHEN they are available at MSRP or less. Im working overtime now so I will have the money when the time comes. The other is not so much a specific design as an idea. I am Looking for a rifle in 357 mag, but have not decided on what I want yet. I'm considering single shot, lever, and bolt (ruger 77/357), but have not made my mind up yet.

Butzbach

Sig Sauer P227 Carry SAS

Sig P227 Carry SAS. It’s the only pistol that might get me to retire the Model 65.

BornFighting88

I would get a revolver in 327 Federal Magnum. Also, one of those Benelli Lupo’s.

I also want to pick up another Mauser 98 action for a project. Oh!!! One of those S&W M&P12 scatter blasters. I am sure there are more, and I will add them later.

lee n. field

Disregarding the ultra exotics and ultra rare collectibles, what gun is is the one you would buy if you came across it?

Me? Right now, I'm contemplating a Kahr CW45. Kind of a quirky desire, and if I sit on it long enough I'll be looking at something else. I probalby shouldn't, because holsters for it are few and far between.

Butzbach

I have 2 on my radar. First is a SA-35, WHEN they are available at MSRP or less. Im working overtime now so I will have the money when the time comes. The other is not so much a specific design as an idea. I am Looking for a rifle in 357 mag, but have not decided on what I want yet. I'm considering single shot, lever, and bolt (ruger 77/357), but have not made my mind up yet.
I really wish the IMI Timber Wolf 357 pump wasn’t the best $500.00 rifle that $1,900 could buy.

surveyor

well the Talo Lisa Tomlin engraved colt 1911s, and a Olympic Arms Westerner has a nice appeal. but that may be nudging the rare and collectible restraint of the OP. Formal BBQ level maybe, Ultra not quite there yet. But those are dreams ill never see..

Last edited:

Seedy Character

I Wont know until buy it.

Of major interest
Ruger #1
S&W M57
S&W586
Colt Police Positive, New Police, etc. .25-20, 32-20, .32NP (S&W)
Ruger Blackhawk .327
Ruglin .45-70
Old Marlin 1895 .45-70
Pre-64 Win 94
Colt Commander 9mm, but .45 would be possible
AR-10 .260Rem
BLR or Henry Long Range
1100s especially 28ga
SxS 10ga
SxS 28ga
SxS .410
SxS 16ga