The worst handgun you own...

mike7.62

I dont have any firearms that I would call "worst". As far as my handguns are cocerned, my Taurus model 82 is deffinitly the low man on the totum pole. But its actually a pretty nice revolver. Its an older model that i've had for many years, has a very smooth action and its a joy to shoot. I consider myself lucky to have a revolver like this dragging up the rear of my arsenal. It just aint no S&W.
DSCN0235.jpg

PT-92

mike7.62,

You're not kidding--If that's your "worst" I have got to see your "best." I think a lot of us are fortunate in this way in that we have been lucky enough in having avoided some of the lemons we read about in the forums DAILY.

-Cheers

sgms

Can not call it my worst, just the most carried sometime early 70's.

Attachments

• phpJtZRtlPM.jpg
    phpJtZRtlPM.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 50

SauerGrapes

Valor revolver. It shoots 22 cal shorts. The barrel is loose, the timing is off and the cylinder doesn't always lock up. I didn't buy it, it came with a wife....lol.
I'm glad she never tried to shoot it! I took the cylinder off of it, it makes a great paper wieght. ;)

PT-92

I think I mentioned earlier somewhere that I don’t think I have a poorly functioning or unreliable gun so I can't deem any of them as my "worse." So I will use the costs of my gun as my example for this thread.

Today I took out my "cheapest" ($$$ the definition of cheap here not to be confused with quality) gun today and went to the range. Specifically, I am referring to my Phoenix Arms HP22A .22lr and it continues to fire as well as any of my .22lr handguns :). All of this for a new gun OTD for $140 (Sat-night-special type money for a very nice little gun). I can safely say that my "worse" gun is actually one of my funnest little plinkers that will run all day for cheap. I just recommended one (for fun use only) to my brother-in-law as it would be a great little gun for him and son for so many reasons chief among them being frequent trips to the range on the cheap (here's the kicker--it will run the cheap ammo like wally-world fed bulk just as well as the hot CCI stuff which most of my other .22lr handguns won't do 'reliably)':

Phoenix Arms HP 22A
IMG_20120505_213053.jpg

-Cheers

The only reason I would call one of my two handguns the worst is the 9mm Taurus' trigger pinches my finger when it returns from the fired position. Slightly annoying.

PH/CIB

The thread should read the worst handguns you owned,,,Seecamp 32 auto, Kahr PM40, Kel Tec PF9, all jam o matics and no I do not limp wrist.

jmr40

My worst handgun is my Colt 1911. Now it is not a bad gun. It is just that everything else is a little better. I keep it because it is a decent gun, it is a Colt, and it is already worth a lot more than I paid. I suspect the value will continue to increase. But if things got bad, it is the last gun in my safe I'd reach for.

exiledtoIA

It's a tossup between a VP70Z and the COP 357.
The Z has a terrible trigger and is a b#@!h to find parts for.
The COP has twice the bulk of a derringer with 1/4 the reliability.
4 barrels of which only 2 will fire. Never the same 2.
I've considered having a priest perform an exorcism on it.

Dstroyr

The "worst" handgun I own is the Tokarev. It's not a bad gun at all, though. It goes bang everytime, is amazingly accurate and works like a charm. The *only* problem with it is the slide release lever wiggles a little, so sometimes the pistol goes back into battery on its own after an empty mag (not really worried about it).

The only reason I consider it my "worst" is because my other is an XD compact in 45ACP and a Kel-Tec PF9. Both are fairly new guns (only about 400 rounds through each), whereas the Tokarev has seen well over 1000 rounds through it.

292212_254024881362671_1516610844_n.jpg

Therealkoop

I try not to buy crap, but I did aquire an EAA Windicator .38spc with a 2" barrel for free. Ive shot it maybe 50 times max.

The cylinder impacts (and dented) the frame, the finish is crap, the trigger is poor, and the cylinder release is damn near impossible to press sometimes.

Truly a budget gun.