The worst handgun you own...

THORN74

Radom p64, its a little bitch. Original trigger was designed for a silver back gorilla @ like 15-20# DA pull. Changed the spring out and its better but some the ink the SA pull is danger light now. Its direct blow back barrel combined with its poor ergos make it a pain in the hand to shoot, literally. Its a nice little gun, and I got it cheap, but its my least fav.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

dwright1951

Cobra 38 special derringer, trigger pull about 20 lbs, after a few shots only 1 barrel works, does not shoot anywhere near point of aim, bought it at a store that said all handgun sales final & wouldn't do anything about it. Under warranty so I contacted the company for replacement parts to at least make both barrels shoot, they said that the gun would have to be returned to them for repair with me paying shipping both ways which would cost more that the item. I keep it to remind me not to buy anything made by them again. Might make a half-assed emergency self defense ROCK.

swopjan

Got a 45 caliber Jukar muzzleloader I'm not too fond of, but as it was $100 I'll probably just give it away if anyone ever likes it at the range. Not a bad looking gun at least.

Sounds like some of y'all's learning experiences were a bit costlier!

Uncle Billy

I have a Jennings that was a jamming festival but I tuned it up and it doesn't jam as much, although I wouldn't trust it in a pinch. And I'm sure that if I change ammo it will need 'tuning" again.

That's not as bad as a Herter's .44 Magnum SAA replica made in Germany (I think). After the second shot the cylinder falls out and the under-barrel slider is somewhere in the grass nearby. And the trigger doesn't need to be pulled in order to fire it so don't cock it until it's pointed just about where you want the bullet to go. It's not going anywhere close to there of course but at least it's going downrange and not through your sneaker. The thought of practicing quick draw with this thing gives me the chills.

EagleEyeTucson

Taurus Judge Failed Twice

Taurus has not following through with stated promise. I sent a letter to the CEO. Taurus contacted me on behalf of the President/CEO and stated that she would process a refund to me in this special circumstance since my gun failed Twice in the only Two attempts to shoot it. Even after being sent back for repair. They were quick to take possession of the faulty equipment after the Second failure. But, they have NOT followed through with processing my claim or doing anything at all. I've had several conversations with customer service representatives who do not know the status of my case. And the matter has not been resolved quickly as was stated to me. Not only was the Taurus Judge the worst handgun I've ever owned. But, I'm really disappointed in this company. They should have resolved this matter by now.

buckhorn

Worst handgun

My worst handgun was unfortunately a High Standard model HD Military .22 pistol. My father gave it to me because it would only shoot when you racked the slide each time. I found out, [I was too young to know much about guns, about 16] that he was using .22 longs, not .22 long rifles as called for. There just wasn't enough pressure to rack the slide. I held onto the gun for several years and then the . 22 Yellow Jackets came around. 25 rounds put it out of commision. I took it into a gunsmith, and he replaced the recoil spring, but that was only temporary. He used cheap parts and the spring let go again. I gave to my brother and haven't seen it in 20 years. I think he still has it mixed in with all his other guns. But everytime I pulled the trigger on that gun, I was never sure what it would do.

OuttaHand

I've got a couple old .32's that I bought at an auction.
After I got them home and looked them over better, I don't think I will fire them. Pretty sketchy, at best.

So they sit in the bottom of the gun safe. Wouldn't dare sell them for fear someone would get hurt! I guess I'm waiting for some gun store to run a crazy deal where they'll give me a big trade-in value on "any gun".

I know. I'm waiting for the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny to get married, too.

PT-92

OuttaHand

I've got a couple old .32's that I bought at an auction.
After I got them home and looked them over better, I don't think I will fire them. Pretty sketchy, at best.

So they sit in the bottom of the gun safe. Wouldn't dare sell them for fear someone would get hurt! I guess I'm waiting for some gun store to run a crazy deal where they'll give me a big trade-in value on "any gun".

I know. I'm waiting for the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny to get married, too.

Good point as we are at the 'mercy' of the Gun Industry at this point due to what I call, "The Great Buying Frenzy--Part II" :rolleyes:.The sequel looks to be every-bit as bad as the original horror-flick back in 2008.

Hard to find great deals of any kind right now (abset lots of research) but it could always be worse...

-Cheers

Ichiro

Probably a Smith & Wesson model 60 Ladysmith in .357 magnum. The trigger is worse than the other half-dozen J-frames I've owned, the finish shows scratches worse than other finishes, and the grips are nearly incompatible with the human hand.

Kermit

life's too short & there are too many good guns out there for me to keep something i don't like -- as a result, if i come across something i consider "worst" i sell or trade it away and turn it into something i can enjoy
over the years, the worst guns i've had were a taurus pt-380 and a sig p220 -

akguy1985

I have to change the worst gun to a taurus tcp i owned. The trigger did weird things the first box of ammo i fired through it.

Busby

I actually own a chrome Raven with pink fake pearl grips that I bought for $40 bucks from someone needing gas money several years ago. I put it in the drawer and won't go look at it because that means that I will remember that I own the gun.

Willie Sutton

I've got a couple old .32's that I bought at an auction. After I got them home and looked them over better, I don't think I will fire them. Pretty sketchy, at best.So they sit in the bottom of the gun safe. Wouldn't dare sell them for fear someone would get hurt! I guess I'm waiting for some gun store to run a crazy deal where they'll give me a big trade-in value on "any gun". I know. I'm waiting for the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny to get married, too."

Just wait for your next local "Inner City Gun-Buyback & Circus" to arrive in a city near you, and then you can enjoy taking $100/each for them from their cash-box.

I found a tossed into the bay .25 of some sort while scuba diving here that was a rusted lump of nothing... worth $100 from the anti-crowd, thank you very much. They get to bleat about "crime guns offa the street" and I get to buy a few boxes of .45 ACP. Not a bad trade. If I were an investing man, I'd buy broken Spanish S&W .32 copies by the score at gunshows for $25/each and carry them in and trade them at the buybacks for crisp $ Hundreds....... it's all commodiity arbitrage. :rolleyes:

I've always had a fantasy of driving a bucketloader filled with scrap revolvers up to one of these places, dumping a pile of them on the steps, and then asking for my money... now *that* would make the news... :D

Willie

buckhorn

worst handgun

The guy with the Raven took me back at least 20 years ago when I ran a Nationally know dime store in down town Detroit. The previous manager gave me a .25 Raven he kept in his desk draw when he departed for greener pastures. It had a full clip and it just sat there for the three years I was there. I got curious and took it home one day and tried to fire it in the field next door to me. Nothing Happened!!! We were staking ours lives on a broken gun. And yes, I did rack the slide.